|"Welcome to the sun-drown-place."|
|— Brambleclaw when the journeying cats arrive at the sun-drown-place in Sunrise, page 73|
|Chapter Number:||6 (of 28)|
|Point of View:||Hollyleaf|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter six of Sunrise. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 6 (of 28)
- Page Numbers: 65-73
- Hollyleaf leaps forward with the rest of the patrol across the Thunderpath. They are halfway across when another monster starts to make its way toward them. Hazeltail lets out a screech just as Hollyleaf reaches the grass on the other side. She turns to see Hazeltail crouching in the path of the monster, and Brambleclaw darts out with a snarl and starts to drag her a moment before Hazeltail regains the use of her legs. The monster nearly hits Brambleclaw as they dash for safety, but both cats make it to the other side. Brambleclaw snorts that is not how to cross a Thunderpath and Hazeltail shifts her paws and apologizes. Brackenfur murmurs that they all make mistakes and Hazeltail thanks Brambleclaw again. He says to make sure that he won't need to do it again, and turns away from her.
- The patrol heads for the trees to find shelter and eat. They stop at a small copse before sunset and start hunting. Hollyleaf asks Hazeltail to hunt with her and they catch a squirrel together. Lionblaze and Birchfall return with a fat rabbit, Brackenfur with another squirrel, and Brambleclaw with some mice. After they eat their prey, Lionblaze offers to take first watch as the cats sleep. Hollyleaf gratefully sinks into her nest and falls asleep immediately.
- Hollyleaf is woken by Hazeltail for her watch, and she sits up in her nest, shaking leaves off her pelt. Hazeltail explains that Brambleclaw had gone to scout ahead. Later, Brambleclaw returns with a rabbit for them all to share. Hollyleaf asks if she should catch something else and Brambleclaw agrees, telling her to stay in the copse. She returns with more prey and the cats eat, then they depart once more on their journey. Brambleclaw encourages the group, commenting that they are close to Midnight's home and to keep close to him. They set out once more until they reach a cliff edge where all they can see is an expanse of gray water. Brambleclaw welcomes them to the sun-drown-place.
References and Citations
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25 • Chapter 26 • Chapter 27 • Chapter 28|