|"I sort of liked Sunstrike when I met her at Gatherings."|
|— Ivypool about Sunstrike in Sign of the Moon, page 129|
|Cause of Death|
|Cause of Death:||Slain in battle|
|Living:||Eclipse, Long Shadows, Sunrise, Hollyleaf's Story, The Fourth Apprentice, Fading Echoes, Mistystar's Omen, Night Whispers, Sign of the Moon, The Forgotten Warrior, The Last Hope|
Sunstrike is a tortoiseshell she-cat with a large white mark on her forehead.
In the Power of Three Arc
- Sunpaw does not formally appear in Eclipse, but is listed in the allegiances. Her mentor is Emberfoot.
In the Omen of the Stars Arc
- Sunpaw does not formally appear in The Fourth Apprentice, but is listed in the allegiances. She has earned her warrior name, Sunstrike.
- Sunstrike leaves the Dark Forest with Furzepaw, Tigerheart, and Breezepelt after a training session with a Dark Forest cat, Hawkfrost. Sunstrike mentions that Thistleclaw is great and how she could not believe that he came from ThunderClan. Ivypool is shocked that Sunstrike is training there, because Ivypool thought that she had seemed nice at Gatherings. After Antpelt's death, she is seen with Furzepaw and Breezepelt. Breezepelt tells her and Furzepaw not to mention the Dark Forest and that Antpelt is still on their side, even though he has died.
- Ivypool reflects on the training Hawkfrost had Redwillow, Sunstrike, and herself do the night before. The cats had been training for quite a while, and Hawkfrost did not allow any cat to leave until their claw marks were all over the others' pelts. During the Dark Forest meeting, she sits next to Breezepelt.
- She is mentioned when Birchfall says that they are going to meet at the border and that she's bringing Larkpaw and Harespring along. While waiting for them to arrive, she asks her Clanmates if there are any sign of the ThunderClan cats. They approach the border, but Foxleap sounds from a slope for them to halt and is followed by a patrol. He asks what they're doing so close to the border and she lies by saying they were checking the border. After arguing, Sunstrike bares her teeth, saying no WindClan cat crossed the border, obviously frustrated. Foxleap wants to check ThunderClan for any scent of them, but she retorts by saying there won't be any found. She then leads the other two cats through the heather to WindClan camp.
- When she and Minnowtail realize what the Place of No Stars is planning, they're horrified. Sunstrike states that she can't believe that she didn't know the Dark Forest was planning an attack on the Clans, and that she didn't figure it out. During the battle, she is briefly seen attacking a Dark Forest cat.
In the Novellas
- She has been mistakenly called a tom.
Please do not edit this gallery
- "I always thought Ratscar looked a bit shifty, I'm not surprised he's here. And Breezepelt has always been an annoying lump of fur. But I sort of liked Sunstrike when I met her at Gatherings, and Icewing looks friendly. What are they doing here?"
- —Ivypool in the Dark Forest Sign of the Moon, page 129
- "Thistleclaw's great. I can't believe he was ever a ThunderClan cat!"
- —Sunstrike about Thistleclaw Sign of the Moon, page 61