|"Both of them are hostile and dangerous, with no warrior code to guide their actions."|
|— Narrator about Susan and Jacques in Secrets of the Clans, page 154|
In The New Prophecy arc
- When the patrol of Squirrelflight, Brambleclaw, Mistyfoot, Crowfeather, and Tawnypelt look for new territory for the Clans to live, Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight encounter Susan and Jacques. Brambleclaw expects the kittypets to be small and weak, but when he first sees them, he is surprised to see how strong they look. Brambleclaw sees Susan and Squirrelflight start fighting. Susan then escapes from Squirrelflight's grasp and races around the Twoleg nest.
- Susan and Jacques catch a young ShadowClan apprentice named Talonpaw when he is out hunting near their Twoleg nest and attack him. They badly wound, and the apprentice barely manages to get away with his life—later dying from his wounds. Rowanclaw gathers a patrol to fight the kittypets, in order to avenge his apprentice's death. When they go to attack Susan and Jacques though, they run away to the safety of their Twoleg nest. Their Twoleg throws something at the ShadowClan cats, injuring Cedarheart's leg.
- Another patrol goes to confront the kittypets, consisting of Oakfur, Rowanclaw, Russetfur, and Tawnypelt, with a group of ThunderClan cats: Brambleclaw, Squirrelflight, Brackenfur, Cloudtail, and Rainwhisker. They devise a battle strategy which will keep Jacques and Susan from retreating to their Twolegs. Tawnypelt uses herself as bait, and fakes being weak and helpless. As hoped, Susan and Jacques try to take advantage of her, and taunt her. As they prepare to hurt her, the other warriors attack. They pin the kittypets down, and force them to agree not to harm any other Clan cat, or they would be killed. Susan is last seen running back to her Twoleg nest with Jacques.
In the Omen of the Stars arc
- Susan does not formally appear, but is mentioned at a Gathering by Blackstar, saying that Toadfoot and Tawnypelt had defeated the two kittypets in a battle at the Twoleg nest. Toadfoot's eye is swollen from a scratch, suggesting the kittypets had put up a decent fight.
In the A Vision of Shadows arc
- Violetshine encounters Susan when she finds Yarrowleaf's kits with rogues from the Kin. She notices how scratched up the tabby kittypet is, along with her companion, Jacques, suggesting their captive cat, Tawnypelt, fought well before giving up. Rowanclaw attacks Nettle in order to save Flaxkit and Hopkit, so Tawnypelt and Yarrowleaf grabs the kits and take off. Susan hares off in pursuit, but is eventually chased off.
In the Field Guides
- Susan and Jacques are mentioned for the first time by their names in this book. They are both described as bullies who like to attack or even kill cats who are alone and weak. They escape into their Twoleg nest when they begin to lose a fight. It is also mentioned that they were later punished for their deeds by ShadowClan and ThunderClan.
- Although not mentioned by name, it is mentioned on Russetfur's page that Russetfur played a vital role in establishing the territories by the lake when she took on the troublesome kittypets who lived in a Twoleg den amid the pine trees.
- Susan has been mistakenly called a tom.
- "In spite of their hostile encounter with a kittypet at the start of their journey, he still expected most kittypets to be small and soft—no danger to a trained warrior. But these two looked lean and dangerous, their muscules sharply etched beneath sleek pelts."
- —Brambleclaw thinking about Susan and Jacques Starlight, page 68
- "I'll never forget the look on those kittypets' faces when they saw us coming."
- —Squirrelflight after the Clan patrol had defeated Susan and Jacques. Twilight, page 194
- "ShadowClan warriors fought a battle with the two kittypets at the Twoleg nest. We won't be having any more trouble from them for a while."
- —Blackstar reporting Jacques and Susan's defeat The Forgotten Warrior, page 81