Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|"Don't worry, Flight. No cat expects you to abandon your kits. I won't leave mine, either."|
|— Swoop to Flight in Outcast, page 292|
|Swoop of Chestnut Hawk|
|Current:||Tribe of Rushing Water|
|Cause of Death|
|Cause of Death:||Killed by an eagle|
|Swoop of Chestnut Hawk|
Swoop of Chestnut Hawk
|Kits:||Two unnamed kits|
|Living:||Outcast, Sign of the Moon|
Swoop of Chestnut Hawk, more commonly known as Swoop, is a dark ginger she-cat.
In the Power of Three Arc
- Swoop of Chestnut Hawk is a kit-mother in the Tribe of Rushing Water, mentioned to have two older kits.
- When the Tribe chooses to fight or flee from the intruders, Flight asks Swoop what they should do because her kits are too young to flee. Swoop comforts her by saying that no one expects her to abandon her kits, and she adds that she won't leave her kits either. Talon comes over to them and both look up at him with uncertainty in their eyes. He convinces them to fight saying that the Tribe will protect them. He then escorts the two she-cats to the side of the cave where the cats chose to fight. By this example of Swoop and Flight, more cats divide into the groups.
In the Omen of the Stars Arc
- She has returned to her duties as a cave-guard from being a kit-mother.
- When Screech brings up the topic of how the whole mountains should be the Tribe's territory, Swoop reprimands him, saying that things "weren't like that anymore" with the intruders. Stormfur then mentions that the intruders have been stealing prey again, but Swoop shrugs it off, reasoning that there is nothing the Tribe can do about that, though Stormfur boldly objects.
- Dovewing spots some intruders who are having trouble fighting an eagle while on a patrol that consists of Swoop, Splash, Crag, Foxleap and herself. Splash thinks that it serves them right and Swoop adds that they have to learn to defend themselves. Foxleap argues against this talking about the how the Clans unite to defend against a common enemy. While Swoop looks doubtful, Crag and Splash decide to help them. Crag tells Swoop to take the farthest wing with Splash, and he tells the Clan cats to stay out of the way.
- Swoop and Splash launch themselves onto the eagle's wing at the sound of Crag's call. Despite being told to stay out of the way with Dovewing and Foxleap, Swoop leaps up and grabs at the wing with one forepaw while trying to dislodge Foxleap with the other. Foxleap falls to the ground, but when Swoop drops to the ground, the eagle snatches her and flies away.
- Splash tries in vain to rescue Swoop, but the eagle is already out of reach. Dovewing confirms her death, using her powers. Foxleap mournfully takes the blame, and Splash hisses at him claiming that Swoop would be alive if he had done as he was told and stayed out of their way. Crag is quick to tell her that blaming him won't help and what's done is done.
- When the patrol gets back to the cave, Squirrelflight questions them. Crag tries to explain gently what happened but Splash cuts him off saying harshly that Swoop is now dead.
- Dovewing mentions that she is too afraid to go to sleep, saying that she will keep on seeing Swoop's death haunting her in her dreams, and insists on staying awake.
- A moon after returning to the lake, Dovewing is still having nightmares about Swoop and how she was taken away by the eagle. She recovers, though, and moves on from Swoop's death.
- She is mistakenly called a tom.
Please do not edit this gallery
- Two unnamed kits: Status Unknown
- Dovewing: "Look!"
- Splash: "It looks like the intruders have got into trouble with an eagle. Serves them right. They're inside our territory!"
- Sign of the Moon, page 282
- "No! Help! Crag! Splash..."
- —Swoop being carried off by an eagle Sign of the Moon, page 284
- "Before any other cat could move, Swoop let out a furious screech. "No!" She leaped up again, grabbing at the eagle's wing with one forepaw, while with the other she batted at Foxleap."
- —Narrator describing Swoop Sign of the Moon, page 284
- "Swoop is dead. An eagle took her while she was trying to save this cat."
- —Splash telling the Tribe where Swoop is Sign of the Moon, page 286