|"All they do is watch.... It's like they're learning all about us, all our secrets and weaknesses."|
|— Mistyfoot about some ShadowClan warriors in The Darkest Hour, page 123|
|The Darkest Hour|
|Chapter Number:||11 (of 30)|
|Point of View:||Firestar|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter eleven of The Darkest Hour. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 11 (of 30)
- Page Numbers: 122-130
- Firestar pads out of the forest, and tastes the air, with Graystripe and Thornclaw behind him. Graystripe asks him if he scent anything, but Firestar can only smell RiverClan. Graystripe and Thornclaw go to renew the scent markings, but Firestar stays where he is. He scents fresh RiverClan scent, and sees Mistyfoot.
- Firestar and Mistyfoot talk about her and Stonefur. Mistyfoot says he told the truth to RiverClan; that her and him were Bluestar's kin. She says Leopardstar wasn't pleased, but had at least supported them. But the RiverClan she-cat knows that her leader would be keeping an eye on her and Stonefur. Mistyfoot shivers, and tells Firestar that Tigerstar was visiting Leopardstar regularly. She thinks that the two leaders are planning something, but she doesn't know what. She mentions that Leopardstar hadn't even told Stonefur, despite him being her deputy. The golden tabby had stated that Tigerstar and his Clan were staying to exchange fighting techniques, but all they did was watch.
- She breaks off when Graystripe calls her name. He asks if Featherpaw and Stormpaw were alright, and Mistyfoot says they're fine. Firestar is troubled at what Mistyfoot has told him.
- Firestar orders extra patrols after hearing what Mistyfoot had to say. Whitestorm asks him who he will take to the Gathering, and Firestar says he wouldn't take him, because Tigerstar failed with the dog pack and was bound to try something new. He lists other cats instead.
- Whitestorm asks if he should take Bramblepaw and Tawnypaw, but Firestar doesn't think he should, because they were Tigerstar's kin and he wanted to take them to ShadowClan. Whitestorm asks if Firestar thinks he should keep them, and Firestar does. Whitestorm agrees.
- Firestar tells him he should tell the Clans he used the dog pack to try and destroy them, so ShadowClan would drive him out. Whitestorm thinks it wouldn't work like that, saying Tigerstar could deny it. Firestar thought it could add to RiverClan's troubles, as ShadowClan was staying with them. Whitestorm goes to tell the cats chosen that they would go to the Gathering.
- As Firestar crouches alone beside the nettles and eats the rest of his squirrel. Knowing there was going to be trouble at the Gathering, Firestar thinks Tigerstar will try to claim his kits back. He predicts that Tigerstar will use his knowledge of Mistyfoot and Stonefur as well.
- Firestar knows that he has lots to say as well, revealing that he'll tell every cat of Tigerstar's treachery. He pushes away the doubts his deputy had raised, and tells himself that no cat will ever trust Tigerstar again.
References and Citations
|The Darkest Hour chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25 • Chapter 26 • Chapter 27 • Chapter 28 • Chapter 29 • Chapter 30|