|"Listen, I know things will be different now, but I'll never stop needing you. Both of you. No cat ever had such good friends."|
|— Fireheart reassuring his friends Graystripe and Sandstorm in The Darkest Hour, page 37|
- Below contains in-depth information for chapter three of The Darkest Hour. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 3 (of 30)
- Page Numbers: 34-44
- Fireheart wakes up from his sleep to see Cinderpelt prodding him in the side. She says that he dozed off, and it is time to bury Bluestar. Fireheart staggers to his paws and flexes each leg. The sense of comfort he had felt while he was asleep is replaced with a wave of guilt. He asks Cinderpelt if any cat saw him. She replies that no one did, and no one will blame Fireheart after what happened the day before. Fireheart glances around the clearing and spots the elders assembling themselves to bury Bluestar.
- The elders take the body and carry Bluestar as Cinderpelt nods. As ThunderClan's former leader pass the cats, they bow their heads in respect. Fireheart says goodbye to Bluestar as thorns of pain pierce his heart as he watches her tail tip dragging through the leaves. As the leader disappears the gathered cats begin to do their own things. Fireheart looks at the fresh-kill-pile and, to his satisfaction, it is stocked fully. As he is about to organize the dawn patrol, Cinderpelt asks him if he is ready.
- Fireheart asks what he should be ready for, and Cinderpelt responds that he couldn't have forgotten to go to the Moonstone to get his nine lives. Fireheart shuffles his paws in unease. He did not forget, but he didn't know the ceremony would come up so fast.
- More Coming Soon
References and Citations
|The Darkest Hour chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25 • Chapter 26 • Chapter 27 • Chapter 28 • Chapter 29 • Chapter 30|