- Below contains in-depth information for chapter seven of The Forgotten Warrior. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: 7 (of 25)
- Page Numbers: 85-96
- On the morning after the Gathering, Lionblaze returns from the dawn patrol and heads for Firestar's den. On the way up the rocks, he hears Brambleclaw conversing with Firestar about Onestar. Inviting Lionblaze into the den, Firestar listens as Lionblaze shares his idea that there may be a rogue in the territories. After this, Firestar gives Lionblaze permission to go out and search, and on his way out, Lionblaze sees Jayfeather with Foxleap, seeing to the fox bite on his shoulder. Jayfeather gives Foxleap permission to return to his normal duties in a few days, and turns to Lionblaze, asking him what he's excited about. Lionblaze and Jayfeather share feelings about Lionblaze's search, and Lionblaze leaves to go into the forest.
- He reaches the area where Molepaw and Cherrypaw had been training, and when he finds nothing, he goes to the WindClan border and sees some churned up leaf-mold. Looking around, he sees some drag marks leading towards the border. They continue all the way past the ThunderClan scent markers, leading Lionblaze to a bramble thicket that looks perfect for a loner. He decides that it's not fit for a cat, and continues on to a hole. He scents cat among the dampness and earth, and he hesitates to go down. Sol comes up behind him, causing him to bang his head on the boulder covering the entrance to the tunnel. Sol expects a warm welcome, but Lionblaze is very curt. Sol threatens to make the sun disappear again, much to Lionblaze's dismay.
- Lionblaze goes back to camp with Sol following. When they emerge from the thorn tunnel, an uproar begins in camp. Cloudtail and Brightheart jump up, with Brackenfur, Sorreltail, Squirrelflight, Molepaw, and Cherrypaw. Cherrypaw gasps and says that Mousefur was telling her and Molepaw about Sol. Lionblaze looks around for Dovewing and Jayfeather, but can't find them. Graystripe growls while Dustpelt looks hostile towards Sol. Firestar shoulders his way through the crowd, halting in front of Sol. Sol expresses that he's only passing through, but Lionblaze thinks otherwise. Poppyfrost defends Sol against everyone's suspicions, saying that he saved her kits and he should be treated with welcome, to which Berrynose agrees and asks Firestar if he can stay for the night. Firestar agrees, seeming reluctant, and afterwards, Lionblaze and Jayfeather converse about their suspicions of Sol. Jayfeather tells his brother that he suspects Sol is in ThunderClan for a reason, and is not to be trusted.
References and citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Revealed in The Forgotten Warrior, page 85
- ↑ Revealed in The Forgotten Warrior, page 87
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Revealed in The Forgotten Warrior, page 93
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Revealed in The Forgotten Warrior, page 91
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Revealed in The Forgotten Warrior, page 92
- ↑ Revealed in The Forgotten Warrior, page 94
- ↑ Revealed in The Forgotten Warrior, page 95
|The Forgotten Warrior chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25|