- Below contains in-depth information for the prologue of The Last Hope. If you are looking for a shorter summary of the entire book, please check the main article.
- Chapter Number: Prologue (of 27)
- Page Numbers: 1-4
Third-person Omniscient PoV
- Owl Feather, Broken Shadow, Slant, and Half Moon are crouched on silver granite stone. They welcome Bluestar and Spottedleaf, who later join them. Bluestar declares that they have come to prepare for the end, and when Owl Feather questions her, Slant snaps that they're running out of time. The cats fret over when the Three will find the fourth cat - only for Midnight and Rock to appear. Broken Shadow is shocked at the fact Midnight knew Rock, and Midnight reminisces, remembering the day when they watched the first sunrise over the lake, and recalls how it burst water into flame.
- Midnight fears that there is a final sunset that will end the Clans' story. Half Moon asks her if the four will save them, and Rock warns them that evil is coming. The she-badger states that all must fight if they are ever to prevent the darkness. Rock then thanks the spirits for safeguarding the prophecies and for passing them down from cats forgotten and vanished. Slant questions if the Clans walk alone in the final battle, and each of the cats, excluding Rock, vow that they will fight beside a certain cat or a Can. Midnight growls that this is the end of all things, and Rock tells her that it is what they have been waiting for.
- Rock is mistakenly described with blue eyes.
References and CitationsEdit
|The Last Hope chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25 • Chapter 26 • Chapter 27|