|"You are a warrior of ThunderClan, Graystripe, your place is with them."|
|— Silverstream to Graystripe in The Lost Warrior, page 76|
|The Lost Warrior|
|Cover Artist:||James L. Barry|
|Publish Date:||24 April 2007|
|Editions:||Paperback, Library binding|
|The well-loved hero, Graystripe, returns in the first of the Warriors manga editions. Captured by Twolegs, he finds himself living the life of a kittypet. This life is not for him however and with the help of a new friend, he begins to look for ways to return to his life as a Clan cat.|
|Preceded by:||Beyond the Code|
- When the Twolegs destroy the warrior Clans' forest home, Graystripe—second in command of ThunderClan is captured trying to help his comrades escape! Trapped in the pampered life of a kittypet, Graystripe has all the food and shelter he needs from his affectionate Twoleg family, but this is not the way he wants to live. The forest is calling him, and he never stops longing to go home. When he makes friends with a feisty kittypet named Millie, she encourages him to go in search of his lost friends. But will Graystripe ever find his way back to the Clan?
- "Based on Erin Hunter's popular novel series, Warriors is the story of a wild cat—a real one, as opposed to manga's usual teenaged human wearing a short skirt and kitty-cat ears—who's separated from his family and friends. There are no plot surprises in this story of a lost hero, and the artwork is a literal, workmanlike rendition of cats and dogs in suburbia. Graystripe, the protagonist, is a mighty warrior of the beleaguered ThunderClan, which has recently been threatened by a combination of suburban development and a zealous cat catcher. The story opens with him imprisoned in a strangely seductive suburban home. After briefly succumbing to the charms of soft living as a kittypet, Graystripe steels his resolve and vows to make his way back to the wild. Alas, he's lost his edge and finds himself spooked by everything from local bullies to lawnmowers. Luckily, he's joined by a helpful, attractive female sidekick, Millie, who knows her way around the challenges of Twolegplace. Many little (and perhaps some larger) girls will find this kitty fantasy irresistible."
- -Publisher's Weekly
- "This graphic novel is well-suited to younger readers...a must-buy."
Detailed Plot Summary
- The Lost Warrior opens with narration from Graystripe, a warrior who was separated from his Clan, ThunderClan, due to Twolegs holding him captive. Graystripe distracts a Twoleg, freeing a rogue, whilst Brambleclaw, Rainwhisker, Squirrelpaw and Thornclaw try to free their fellow Clanmates. Squirrelpaw is seen trying to free Brightheart and Graystripe comes to help. Squirrelpaw wants to stay and help, but Graystripe pushes her away. He is able to free Brightheart, but ends up sacrificing his life in the forest by accidentally slamming the doors shut.
- Graystripe is then shown in a dream when he first met Firestar, and the fire in the forest. He then wakes up and finds himself in a Twoleg nest, wishing it was a dream. He explains how he feels trapped in the Twoleg nest and when a door is opened, he dashes out. He attempts to run away, but all the noises and smells overwhelm him and he runs back inside. The female Twoleg then comforts him.
- He somewhat likes the Twolegs and their kits, but he cannot stand to be away from his Clan and his fellow warriors. He makes an attempt to flee but gets lost in Twolegplace and runs into a tough kittypet named Duke. Duke and Graystripe start teasing each other. Graystripe is convinced that he can win a fight, so when Duke lunges at him, he gladly joins in. Graystripe is then forced to flee. He is incredibly ashamed, and he is led back to the nest he has been staying in by a female kittypet named Millie, who assures him that losing to Duke is nothing to be ashamed of. Graystripe misses the forest, and one day Millie shows him a forest she found.
- After a dream in which he is visited by his deceased mate, Silverstream, and his daughter Feathertail, he feels renewed with energy. Millie decides that she wants to learn the warrior skills of hunting and fighting. She is a natural, and in another fight with Duke and his allies, she helps Graystripe drive them off. Graystripe finally makes the decision to try to return to ThunderClan. In another dream about Silverstream, after Graystripe tells Silverstream that he wishes he could be with her, Silverstream reminds him that his place is with ThunderClan. She also tells him that he already has a traveling companion. Later, Graystripe asks Millie to come with him to ThunderClan, and is taken aback at her refusal. He then leaves for ThunderClan.
- Graystripe ends up getting lost in Twolegplace for days before collapsing from exhaustion. Millie had changed her mind and went out to catch up to Graystripe. Upon meeting him, she discovers him feverish and weak; he even calls her by Silverstream's name. Millie nurses him back to health and the two set off to find the new home of ThunderClan and the other Clans.
- The German languange edition of The Lost Warrior arc is published in one book edition and also in three books.
- It should be noted that while this book is referred to as 'manga', it is not, as it did not originate in Japan and was not drawn by Japanese mangaka.
- The Lost Warrior (EN), HarperCollins (paperback), 24 April 2007
- The Lost Warrior (EN), HarperCollins (paperback alternate), 2007
- The Lost Warrior (EN), HarperCollins (paperback, import), 2008
- The Lost Warrior (EN), HarperCollins (library binding), 1 May 2007
- The Lost Warrior (EN), HarperCollins (library binding), September 2007
- Der verlorene Krieger (DE), Tokyopop (paperback), 2008
- Ztracený válečník (CZ), Zonerpress (paperback), 2008
- Пропавший воитель (RU), Tokyopop (paperback), 14 October 2010
- Graustreif und Millie (DE), Tokyopop (paperback), 14 October 2010
References and Citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Revealed on the title page
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Information from amazon.com
- ↑ Revealed on http://warriorcats.com/data/downloads/manga_draw.pdf
- ↑ http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/3842000014/ref=s9_simh_gw_p14_d7_g14_i2?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=02BEWMEEYVV1K4DR0E17&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=463375173&pf_rd_i=301128
- ↑ Information from wikipedia.org
- ↑ Information from buecher.de
- ↑ Information from Zonerpress
- ↑ Information from re.wikipedia.com
- ↑ Information from amazon.de
|The Lost Warrior chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4|