|"What good is any of that compared to my strength and skill at hunting? If any cat was born to rule, it is I."|
|— Thunder in Secrets of the Clans, page 4|
|Living:||Secrets of the Clans, Code of the Clans, The Sun Trail|
In the Dawn of the Clans ArcEdit
- After the monster den collapses, his mother and siblings die, and he is the only one to survive. When he makes a tiny movement in the dust, it alerts Gray Wing. He turns his head in disbelief to see that Thunder was stirring, and realizes that he wasn't dead. As the walls around him begin to shake, He then digs away the rubble that partly covers Thunder's body, and grabs him by the scruff. When the walls finally collapse, he drags him clear, though stumbling into the debris of the monster den. Turtle Tail shoves Gray Wing around the corner, and asks him where was Storm. He then sets down Thunder gently, and tells her that Storm and the other two kits were dead, but Thunder was alive. The two crouch side by side, and lick vigorously at him, until he begins to squirm feebly and lets out a tiny wail. Turtle Tail states that Thunder was going to live, and offers to help Gray Wing take him back into the forest.
- Despite Gray Wing's protests, Turtle Tail gently lifts Thunder by his scruff, and sets down the path. When they leave Twolegplace and into the outlying trees, they stop to catch their breath, and Turtle Tail puffs out a sigh as she lets Thunder down. Turtle Tail explains to him that it wasn't his fault that Storm died, and tells him that this time was different than Bright Stream's death; there was a survivor, who was Clear Sky's son. She then bends her head to lick Thunder's ear, and tells him to take him to his father. Instinctively, Gray Wing reaches out a paw to scoop Thunder towards himself, not wanting to lose this last connection to Storm. He tells Turtle Tail that he loved Storm, and Turtle Tail replies that she knew, but the kit was not his son. Gray Wing tells her that he didn't know what to call him, and Turtle Tail bends her face close to Thunder's, and brushes her muzzle against his. She asks him what was his name, and Thunder, bewildered, squeaks that he didn't know. Gray Wing says that Storm did not decide on names yet, and Turtle Tail glances back at the Twolegplace. She suggests the name Thunder for the kit, stating that he was born of Storm, in the midst of a storm of stones and dust, yet he survived. Thunder lets out a high pitched mew, and Turtle Tail exclaims that she thinks he agrees.
- Hesitantly, Gray Wing takes Thunder into Clear Sky's territory, to be stopped by a a black-and-white tom, Petal and Frost. Thunder is terrified of them, but they let him and Gray Wing in. Clear Sky asks who Thunder is, and Gray Wing tells him about the death of Storm and her two other kits. Clear Sky is distraught, and refuses to look after his son. Gray Wing takes Thunder to the moors, and Thunder asks why Clear Sky didn't want him.
- Gray Wing explains to the group about Thunder, and Hawk Swoop's gaze softens as she looks at Thunder. She says that she will look after him and give him milk, as she was close enough to kitting. Jackdaw's Cry protests that it isn't fair that his mate should be expected to take care of a kit that isn't hers, but Dappled Pelt says she had made her decision. After some quarrelling, the other cats agree to keep Thunder. Gray Wing pads up to Thunder, who heard it all. Gray Wing rests his muzzle upon Thunder's head, and tells him that from now on, he will be his father.
In the Power of Three ArcEdit
- Thunder, River, Wind, and Shadow meet with Midnight to discuss the loner, Sol, who convinced ShadowClan to lose faith in StarClan and the warrior code. The other founders express hostility towards each other, but Thunder continues to ask questions carefully, obviously trying to avoid a fight.
In the Field Guide ArcEdit
- Thunder is a rogue. He thinks that he should rule the forest because he can fight and hunt the best in the undergrowth and trees. He is said to be strong, courageous, and determined.
- After his fallen companions, the very first StarClan cats, talk to him and the other cats he becomes the first leader of ThunderClan. He is listed as one of the significant leaders. He works with the other three leaders, Wind, River, and Shadow (Sky is not mentioned, but is said to be present at the battle in Code of the Clans) to develop the warrior code. It is said in Clan legend that Thunder was the leader who developed some of the warrior code's more compassionate elements.
- Thunder is mentioned briefly, along with Wind, River, Shadow, and Sky after the great battle at the dawn of Clans. The spirits of those killed in the battle compel the remaining cats to be at peace. He, along with the other four new leaders, vow to create their Clans and find ways to stop the fighting.
- Vicky revealed that Thunder, Shadow, River, Sky, and Wind did not take "-star" on the end of their names, because the tradition had not yet been established in their time.
- This, however, contridicts information in Secrets of the Clans, which shows the founders of the Clans to have the "-star" suffix.
- Thunder was named after the Thunderpath.
Please do not edit this gallery
- Unnamed kits: Deceased, Residence Unknown
|Graywing||Storm||Clear Sky||Bright Stream||Fluttering Bird||Jagged Peak|
= Gender Unknown
- "I believe we can choose our territories and lay down borders fairly, in peace."
- —Thunder to the other leaders Secrets of the Clans, page 5
- "We must still watch over our Clans. This is a danger like none they have ever faced before."
- —Thunder to the other leaders Long Shadows, page 3
- "What about Thunder? He was born of Storm, in the midst of a storm of stones and dust, yet he has survived."
- —Turtle Tail suggesting a name for Thunder The Sun Trail, page chapter 26
References and CitationsEdit
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 6
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 4
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Revealed in Long Shadows, page 2
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Revealed in The Sun Trail, page 307
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 6
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 22
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 7.6 Revealed in The Sun Trail, page 305
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 5
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 24
- ↑ Revealed in Erin Hunter Chat 7
- ↑ Revealed in the Warriors App
- ↑ Revealed in The Sun Trail, page 313
- ↑ Revealed in The Sun Trail, page 311
- ↑ Revealed in The Sun Trail, page 13