|"There is no Clan in the forest so true or so brave. I respect and admire the other Clans, but my heart is here, with ThunderClan- the Clan of heroes, the Clan of compassion, the Clan of destiny."|
|— Firestar on ThunderClan in Secrets of the Clans, page 9|
|In the Forest|
At the Lake
Borders and Camps
Current Leader: Bramblestar
Births and Deaths
List of All Cats
Hunting and fighting in dense undergrowth
ThunderClan is a group of cats that live in a part of the forest that is primarily deciduous woodland. The founding leader, Thunderstar, got his name from how his mother, Storm, died in a storm of stone and dust, so by extension the name was thought to be given to the Clan.
ThunderClan is a mainly peaceful Clan, and respectful of the other Clans as well. In battle, ThunderClan is fierce, courageous, and loyal. They normally take loners and kittypets into their Clan to either swell their ranks or because the cat is in need of help or shelter. For this, they are at times looked down upon by other Clans and thought of as weak. The Clan's main prey are mice, voles, squirrels, and the occasional rabbit, as well as birds such as starlings, magpies, wood pigeons, blackbirds, and thrushes. They have excellent stalking techniques, creeping across the forest floor. They have the sense to keep upwind of their prey in the thick bushes. ThunderClan cats are noted to be especially strong. They are the only Clan to bunch their hindquarters before leaping to catch their prey.
- The ThunderClan forest territory is located in what Twolegs call the White Hart Woods. The territory also includes Twoleg places such as Windover Road and Chelford Forest. Landmarks in this territory include:
- Camp - It lies at the foot of a sandy ravine, protected by thornbushes. The camp is easy to defend and hard to attack.
- Tallpines and Treecut Place - Pines near Twolegplace. Usually filled with Twoleg tree-eaters, the ground there rumbles and leaves deep gullies filled with muddy water.
- The Great Sycamore - One of the largest trees with strong and thick branches.
- The Owl Tree - A tree that serves home to a tawny owl.
- Sunningrocks - Rocks that absorb the sunshine and are a place of relaxation. Moons ago, it used to be an island belonging only to RiverClan, but when the river changed current, ThunderClan wanted this territory, too.
- Snakerocks - Home to venomous adders. The caves beneath the rocks can also be homes to other dangerous creatures.
- The Sandy Hollow - A training hollow with soft sand so apprentices don't hurt themselves.
- Twolegplace - The place where Twolegs live. This place is avoided at all costs.
- The camp entrance is well hidden by brambles, which protect the camp from predators, but doesn't stop sunshine from coming in. A ravine leads through it. This ravine was once a river, but it is now dried up. The way into the camp is through the gorse tunnel. The nursery has thick bramble walls and is the most guarded part of the camp. Behind a tree stump, there is a clump of ferns where the apprentices sleep. Warriors sleep under a bush in another tunnel. Inside the camp, there is a fallen tree where the elders sleep, and the senior warriors sleep in the center of the camp. Across the clearing, a smooth tall rock resides. This is called the Highrock, and the leader stands there to make important speeches. The leader's den is in a cave in the rock which was carved out by an ancient stream. Lichen covers the entrance. The last notable feature in the camp is a fern tunnel that leads to a crack in a rock. This is the medicine cat's den.
The Lake territory for ThunderClan is called the Hare Hill Woods by Twolegs. Twoleg landmarks nearby include the Hareview Campsite, Abandoned Workman's House, Quarry Road, and the Quarry. Landmarks here include:
- Camp - The camp is well protected by the side of a cliff, and surrounded by a thorn barrier.
- Greenleaf Twolegplace - This part of land was given to ShadowClan until ThunderClan fought for it back.
- An abandoned Twoleg Nest - Herbs and prey thrive here, though it has an ominous feeling inside.
- Sky Oak - An ancient oak where squirrels love to call home. It also has an old rabbit burrow inside. It is where ThunderClan apprentices practice their climbing skills.
- Old Thunderpath - Marked with blue Twoleg markers, cats often stay away from this road.
- The Clearing - A training hollow much like the old sandy hollow in the forest territory.
- Lake Shore - ThunderClan has the north-eastern portion of the lake.
- At the bottom of an old cliff, this camp is very well protected. The walls around the camp are smooth, indicating Twolegs cut this place moons ago. The cliffs also help keep out the wind. A thorn barrier guards the camp; any cat that wants to come in has to get past. A ledge peeks out from the cliff. That is the Highledge where the leader speaks. A cave near the top is the leader's den. The apprentice's den is also a cave in the rocks while the warrior den is under a big thornbush. The medicine cat's den is another cave, but this time hidden by bramble tendrils. Like the previous camp, the nursery is highly guarded, and under a big bramble thicket reinforced with thick roots woven together for protection. Lastly, the elder's den is in a hazel bush, and later rebuilt under the boughs of a beech tree and reinforced with honeysuckle.
In the Super Edition Arc
- Coming Soon
- ThunderClan appears at a Gathering. Pinestar reports that there were dogs in the forest, but the patrols fought them off.
- Coming Soon
- ThunderClan invade Sunningrocks, but RiverClan does not fight back because Brambleberry does not have enough herbs to treat the injured cats.
- Stormkit and Oakkit get all the way to the stepping-stones while exploring, where they see a mysterious tom. They think he's a loner, and they go across the stepping-stones to chase him off, though that is ThunderClan territory. The old gray cat turned out to be Goosefeather, ThunderClan's medicine cat. Goosefeather gets angry when the kits tell him he's on their territory, and chases the kits off. Stormkit loses balance while at stepping-stones and trips, his face slamming into a stone.
- RiverClan fights for Sunningrocks again against ThunderClan, but ThunderClan wins.
- Hailstar declares that RiverClan will snatch Sunningrocks back from ThunderClan. He brings only a handful of warriors. They meet a ThunderClan patrol, who challenge them to fight. Adderfang challenges Mudfur to duel with him alone. Mudfur wins, and Sunningrocks now belongs to RiverClan.
- The bonus manga at the end of the books shows the final moons of Crookedstar's life. During this time, he has to deal with Silverstream falling in love with a ThunderClan cat, Graystripe.
- The story begins with Moonflower and Swiftbreeze arguing about Bluekit not opening her eyes. She opens her eyes the next morning and plays with her sister Snowkit. Leopardkit and Patchkit lead them to the apprentices' den, where they meet Dapplepaw. They meet the senior warrior, Stonepelt, after disturbing him in the warrior's den. After exploring a cave, which was in fact Pinestar's den, she is found by Featherwhisker, the medicine cat apprentice. He takes both Bluekit and Snowkit to the elders' den, where Mumblefoot, Larksong, and Weedwhisker are talking negatively about Goosefeather. Goosefeather shows the kits the medicine cat's den, and while he helps Smallear, Bluekit and Snowkit get into the medicine supply where Snowkit ate some poppy seeds. Moonflower pulls them out and yells at Goosefeather for not watching them. Pinestar then calls a Clan meeting, welcoming Bluekit and Snowkit, and making Leopardkit and Patchkit into apprentices.
- Six moons later, Bluekit and Snowkit are made apprentices, with Stonepelt as Bluepaw's mentor. After Bluepaw's first Gathering, Goosefeather deciphers an omen on a dead vole's fur, saying that ThunderClan needs to attack WindClan and destroy their medicine supply in order to survive. Pinestar chooses Bluepaw and Snowpaw, along Moonflower and some other warriors, for the raid. Moonflower gets killed in the raid by Hawkheart, as Moonflower was destroying WindClan's medicine supply.
- On another Gathering, Bluepaw meets Crookedpaw, a RiverClan apprentice, who was apprenticed late due to his health. He talks about his brother, Oakheart, but Bluepaw doesn't like Oakheart because of his arrogance.
- A moon later, Adderfang and Thrushpelt announce that RiverClan have crossed the border. During the battle over Sunningrocks, Bluepaw faces Crookedpaw, who expects a better greeting from him but his welcome is hostile. Snowpaw rushes to help and together they take Crookedpaw on, and they beat Crookedpaw. RiverClan breaks the ice on the river, and swim home, so that ThunderClan won't follow. ThunderClan wins the battle.
- When Bluepaw goes out hunting, she meets a plump, ginger kittypet tom named Jake. When Pinestar discovers Bluepaw in Twolegplace, he gets angry with her. Later, when she goes to hunt at dawn, she chases a rabbit down a tunnel. It turns out that there was a fox in the tunnel, and it chases Bluepaw and Snowpaw, but it gets scared off as lightning strikes a tree branch, causing it to fall to the ground in flames. Goosefeather says it was a sign from StarClan, a prophecy: "Like fire, you will blaze through the forest."
- Bluepaw and Snowpaw get their warrior names, Bluefur and Snowfur. At the next Gathering, Bluefur tells Crookedpaw, who tells that he got his warrior name, Crookedjaw. After they return to the camp, Pinestar tells her that she hasn't been to the Moonstone yet. The two leave for the Highstones. At the Moonstone, Bluefur dreams she is drowning in black water. Pinestar wakes her up, and they soon leave.
- Leopardfoot begins kitting half a moon early, and has two she-cats, Mistkit and Nightkit, and a tom, Tigerkit. Later, Bluefur gets a bellyache, and visits the dirtplace, and finds out that Rosepaw and Sweetpaw fell ill too. Sweetpaw dies from the sickness, and her mother Poppydawn is especially distraught. Sweetpaw's brother, Thistleclaw, insists on burying her himself.
- In a battle with RiverClan, Sunfall asks for Pinestar, but no one sees him. After the battle, Pinestar announces to the Clan that he is leaving to become a kittypet, and Sunfall will be the new leader. The Clan is outraged. Pinestar says a goodbye to his mate and kits, especially Tigerkit, who growls at his father. Sunfall becomes Sunstar, and Tawnyspots becomes the new deputy.
- Soon after, Snowfur tells Bluefur that she is expecting Thistleclaw's kits, something Bluefur is shocked about. She then tells herself that Moonflower would want Snowfur to be happy. Snowfur has a single kit, a white tom who is named Whitekit. Snowfur misses being a warrior while raising her kit, so Bluefur takes her out on a walk. They have a mock-fight, then go to the river to wash. They spot ShadowClan warriors on their territory, and Snowfur chases after them into the Thunderpath. Bluefur watches in horror as her sister is hit and killed by a monster.
- Sunstar tells ThunderClan that they will take back Sunningrocks, but without a fight. They decide to go to the RiverClan camp, and Bluefur sees Oakheart there. When a RiverClan patrol escorts them out, Oakheart tells Bluefur to fake an injury, so he can speak with her. She does, pretending she has a thorn in her paw. Oakheart then tells her to meet him at Fourtrees. Bluefur reluctantly agrees. On her way to see Oakheart, she sees Snowfur and Moonflower as spirits, silently telling her to go back. Bluefur brushes past them, insisting she needs to do this. She is delighted to see that Oakheart waited for her. The two warriors joke around for a bit, and soon they make a nest and fall asleep.
- Tawnyspots gets sick, and cannot do deputy duties. Thistleclaw states that he will become deputy, much to Bluefur's annoyance. Later, when Bluefur comes back from a Gathering, Leopardfoot notices that she is pregnant and tells this to her. Bluefur is horrified to hear that she has kits, but Oakheart reassures her that everything will be okay. The Clan assumes that Thrushpelt is the father of the kits. Bluefur gives birth to three kits: Mistykit, Stonekit, and Mosskit. Bluefur decides that she can't keep them if she was to become deputy instead of Thistleclaw.
- At the next Gathering, Bluefur tells this to Oakheart, who is shocked, but agrees. The next night, Bluefur leads her kits out of camp and towards RiverClan territory. She digs a hole, and puts her kits there to shelter them from the falling snow and harsh winds. As she is moving them from snow hole to snow hole, she is horrified to see that Mosskit has died. Snowfur comes to take her to StarClan with her, and assures Bluefur that she would take care of her. Bluefur takes Mistykit and Stonekit to RiverClan territory, and gives them to Oakheart.
- After Featherwhisker confirms that Tawnyspots will not recover, Sunstar appoints Bluefur as deputy, much to Thistleclaw's anger. Sunstar then reveals to Bluefur that he only received eight lives from StarClan, because Pinestar did not give up his last one. When Sunstar dies, Bluefur goes to the Moonstone to receive her nine lives.
- After another timeskip, Bluestar sits on the Highrock with her deputy, Redtail. The book ends with a manga of Rusty joining ThunderClan.
- Bramblepaw is made into a warrior, Brambleclaw. On a hunting patrol, although Cinderpelt tries her best Longtail loses his sight after his eyes are clawed by a rabbit. A badger kills Willowpelt while she, Firestar, and Sootpaw are on patrol, which makes her kits, Sootpaw, Rainpaw and Sorrelpaw distraught. Dreams are sent to Firestar by a mysterious cat who as he later finds out is the former leader of SkyClan. Leadership is taken over by Graystripe when Firestar goes away on his journey to find SkyClan. SkyClan is a group of cats that were once one of the noble Clans, but was forced away many moons ago because Twolegs destroyed their territory and the other Clans decide that, because of the Fourtrees, that there is no room for a fifth Clan. It was so long ago, in fact, that no living cat knows they existed. Firestar and his mate, Sandstorm, leave on a perilous journey to where the cats of SkyClan made their home and find it deserted. Shortly after, they realize the entire Clan broke apart and scattered. Together and with the help of some local kittypets and a loner named Skywatcher they manage to find some of the original descendants of the SkyClan cats. Firestar and Sandstorm teach them how to be warriors and how to hunt. They rebuild the camp.
- But then, Firestar feels that something is out of place in a specific part of the SkyClan territory. He and a few SkyClan cats go to check it out, and discover that at the rim of SkyClan's lands, in an old barn, are a large number of rats with a leader that can speak the language of cats. The cats later discover that these rats were the reason why SkyClan had scattered, and they mass together in an attempt to destroy the tiny creatures. Firestar finds and kills the leader, rendering the rest of the rats useless. With SkyClan in peace, Firestar and Sandstorm leave and return to ThunderClan after four or five moons have gone by. Soon after the battle, SkyClan's Medicine cat, Echosong receives a vision from Starclan, showing her that Leafdapple should be the leader of Skyclan. After recieving her nine lives, she then appionts Sharpclaw to be her deputy.
- In the epilogue, Firestar returns from a patrol and rushes straight into the nursery to see Sandstorm and his two kits named Squirrelkit and Leafkit.. Sandstorm named one of her kits Leafkit in honor of Leafstar and Spottedleaf, because Spottedleaf told her in person that Firestar loved Sandstorm and that Firestar and Spottedleaf could never be together because she's a medicine cat. She named the other Squirrelkit for her large, fluffy tail.
- ThunderClan is mentioned briefly by Spottedleaf in one of Leafstar's dreams. The former ThunderClan medicine cat tells the SkyClan leader that Firestar is well, and that he and Sandstorm have had a a pair of she-kits.
- Leafstar thinks of Firestar and Sandstorm often throughout the events of SkyClan's Destiny as she deals with her duties as leader and wonders if Firestar has to handle similar problems.
In the Dawn of the Clans Arc
- Coming Soon
In the The Prophecies Begin Arc
- A kittypet named Rusty hunts in ThunderClan territory, and is attacked by one of their apprentices, Graypaw. After Rusty turns and fights Graypaw, Bluestar, the leader of ThunderClan, comes out of the undergrowth with Lionheart, a warrior of ThunderClan. Bluestar compliments Rusty and gives him a offer to join the Clan. Rusty considers it, and the following day Rusty meets Whitestorm, a senior warrior and Lionheart at the ThunderClan border and accepts Bluestar's offer.
- However, when he comes to the Clan, most cats are mad at Bluestar for letting a kittypet in. As a result, he gets in a fight with Longtail, who tears off Rusty's collar. This convinces the Clan it is a sign from StarClan that Rusty should stay. Rusty then receives his apprentice name, Firepaw. Firepaw goes out hunting and is attacked by a rogue. The apprentice proves to be too much, however, so the rogue gives up and tells him to kill her. When he refuses to kill her, she tells him that her name is Yellowfang, which he later finds out was the previous ShadowClan medicine Cat. He finds her some food, as she is very hungry, and eats with her.
- A ThunderClan patrol comes around a little later and sees Firepaw generously feeding Yellowfang, which is feeding a rogue instead of a Clan member, which was against the warrior code. Bluestar tells them to come to camp with Yellowfang, and she is held prisoner at their camp. Bluestar, however, shows much respect to the former ShadowClan medicine cat, and judges her very kindly. Despite the fact that Bluestar isn't upset at all over Yellowfang's arrival at ThunderClan camp, for breaking the warrior code, Firepaw is put in charge of Yellowfang's feeding, and is given the chores of feeding her, grooming her, and cleaning her bedding. Dustpaw and Sandpaw, two other apprentices, snicker at his punishment, but Bluestar tells them that caring for Yellowfang should be an honor, not a chore.
- At the Gathering, Brokenstar, the leader of ShadowClan, reveals that a cat has been driven out because she is dangerous and instructs that if any of the Clans see her that they should kill her. Most of ThunderClan thinks that he is talking about Yellowfang. Firepaw has taken a liking to Yellowfang, so he runs away from the Gathering to warn her. After he pleads for her to run, she says no, and that Bluestar will do what is right. To the relief of Firepaw, she is right and Bluestar does not trust Brokenstar and lets Yellowfang live.
- When ShadowClan attacks ThunderClan for shielding Yellowfang and not allowing them to hunt in their territory (Brokenstar demanded this at a previous gathering stating that they had driven WindClan out because they had refused, and would do the same to any clan who resisted), Yellowfang proves her loyalty by protecting ThunderClan kits. Some cats decide that Yellowfang is trustworthy, while others still don't trust her. Soon, Spottedleaf, the medicine cat, is found dead behind the nursery. The kits and Yellowfang are also gone. Every cat but Firepaw thinks Yellowfang killed Spottedleaf and took the kits, and Bluestar calls for Firepaw. She tells him that she isn't sure about Yellowfang stealing the cats and killing Spottedleaf, but she had promised her clan that if Yellowfang had, she would kill Yellowfang herself. But if not, the innocent cat would not be killed by any ThunderClan cat. She asked Firepaw to find Yellowfang and take her back to camp and find out the truth about the "kitnapping" and murder.
- So Firepaw sets off to find her with Graypaw and Ravenpaw. Before they go, Ravenpaw tells Firepaw that he saw Tigerclaw kill the former deputy, Redtail at an earlier battle with RiverClan and that Tigerclaw keeps telling his supporters that Ravenpaw is a traitor and should be killed. Firepaw thinks that Tigerclaw is only doing this to hide the truth and to drive Ravenpaw out, so Graypaw and Firepaw help Ravenpaw run away to Barley, a loner who lives in a barn near the WindClan border. There Ravenpaw remains hidden and safe. Firepaw rushes back to the Clan to tell them that he was killed by a ShadowClan patrol.
- While they are tracking Yellowfang, Firepaw discovers it leads to the ShadowClan camp. When Firepaw and Graypaw find Yellowfang, she says that she doesn't have the kits and that she thinks a ShadowClan cat took them and she followed their scent to find them. Firepaw believes her and Graypaw is hesitant, but after a quick glance at Firepaw, he is reassured that Yellowfang is in the right. When a ThunderClan patrol finds them, they are angry at Firepaw for traveling to the heart of ShadowClan territory, but Firepaw assures them that Bluestar sent them. Yellowfang went to go fetch a few of the ShadowClan elders that do not like Brokenstar, and they agree to help them take back the kits and avenge Spottedleaf's death. The ThunderClan cats and ShadowClan cats attack the ShadowClan camp. When some of the ShadowClan cats find that they are losing, they turn on Brokenstar and drive him out with his followers. It is learned that Clawface, a supporter of Brokenstar, killed Spottedleaf and took the kits. ThunderClan takes the kits back and tells the Clan what happened. Soon, Bluestar asks Yellowfang to be the new medicine cat, seeing how she was the ShadowClan medicine cat. Firepaw and Graypaw are given their warrior names, Graystripe and Fireheart, due to their heroic acts.
- In this book, Brackenkit, Thornkit, Cinderkit, and Brightkit are born to Frostfur. Goldenflower has Swiftkit, Brindleface gets Ashkit, Fernkit, and two unnamed kits, and Speckletail has an unnamed tabby kit. Redtail dies in this book, killed by Tigerclaw. Spottedleaf also dies at the paws of Clawface. Lionheart is killed by Shadowclan warriors and Rosetail is killed by Blackfoot.
- Graystripe and Fireheart adjust to being ThunderClan warriors. Fireheart wants to tell Bluestar about Tigerclaw's treachery, but never can talk to her alone and is worried she won't believe him. Their first mission as a warrior is to find WindClan and bring them back because ShadowClan and RiverClan both are starting to hunt on WindClan territory after the exiled evil leader of ShadowClan, Brokenstar, drove WindClan off their territory. On the way back, some WindClan cats give Graystripe and Fireheart an escort home. They go through a skinny piece of RiverClan's land and are attacked by a patrol right by the river. At first it looks as though ThunderClan and WindClan are going to lose, but a ThunderClan patrol consisting of Tigerclaw, Willowpelt, Whitestorm, and Sandpaw come to help. During the fight, a RiverClan warrior, Whiteclaw, falls into the river and dies. The RiverClan deputy, Leopardfur, swears revenge on ThunderClan and WindClan, and the battle breaks up.
- After that, Fireheart and Graystripe get their first apprentices, Cinderpaw and Brackenpaw respectively. Fireheart's apprentice, Cinderpaw, goes to check out a message that was meant for Bluestar against Fireheart's orders and falls into a trap that Tigerclaw laid. Her back leg is permanently damaged. She learns that because of her injury, she will never become a warrior and feels like she is useless to the Clan until Yellowfang wants her to be her medicine cat apprentice. Throughout the book, Graystripe meets with a RiverClan cat Silverstream by the river against Fireheart's wishes and falls in love with her.
- At the end of the book, one of Fireheart's friends, Onewhisker of WindClan, comes to the camp and asks for help; ShadowClan and RiverClan are attacking the WindClan camp. Bluestar sends out all her warriors apart from herself because she is on her last life. When ThunderClan gets there, there are fighting cats everywhere. Fireheart worries about Graystripe because Silverstream and her Clanmates are there fighting. In the middle of the battle, Fireheart is almost killed by Leopardfur as her revenge for Whiteclaw's death, and Tigerclaw stands right by her not helping Fireheart at all. After that, Fireheart jumps on a RiverClan warrior, only to realize it was Silverstream and he let her go. ShadowClan retreated, and shortly after that RiverClan did as well. After the battle, Tigerclaw and Darkstripe walk up to Fireheart and accuse him of letting Silverstream get away.
- ThunderClan is recovering after the recent battle with RiverClan and ShadowClan, although they are starving as prey is scarce in leaf-bare. There is still tension among Fireheart and Tigerclaw. Fireheart visits Ravenpaw to ask him about the battle at Sunningrocks, and Ravenpaw confirms that Redtail was killed by Tigerclaw, not Oakheart. Then, he goes to visit RiverClan warriors Silverstream and Graypool about the death. They confirm that Oakheart's death was an accident, and Graypool reveals that Stonefur and Mistyfoot, two RiverClan warriors, are not her kits, even though all of RiverClan, Stonefur, and Mistyfoot believe she is. It is revealed to him that Oakheart claimed to find them in the forest, and had asked Graypool to care for them, saying that he couldn't just leave them there.
- At the next Gathering, Nightstar announces that ThunderClan is sheltering Brokentail, and this causes an uproar, with ShadowClan and WindClan declaring war on ThunderClan. The next day, they invade the ThunderClan camp, but are forced to retreat.
- Graystripe is still in love with a RiverClan she-cat, Silverstream, and begins to see her in secret. This is found out by Fireheart, but he doesn't reveal this to the Clan. Later, a flood came to RiverClan, and Graystripe is worried about Silverstream. He and Fireheart go over to RiverClan to check on her and she tells him that she is going to have his kits. Then, when she gives birth, she dies of loss of blood and her kits go to ThunderClan. ThunderClan now knows about Graystripe's affair, and they distrust him. RiverClan demand the kits for themselves, and Bluestar promises an answer for later. Bluestar also admits to Fireheart that Mistyfoot and Stonefur are her own kits, and that she decided to give them away to RiverClan so she could become deputy, believing that this was best for ThunderClan.
- Tigerclaw leads a group of rogues and followers of Brokentail to the ThunderClan camp in an attack and tries to kill Bluestar, only to have his plans foiled by Fireheart, who later becomes deputy in his place.
- When the leader of RiverClan hears that the kits of his daughter are still alive, he almost leads his Clan into battle for them. The battle is then avoided when Graystripe gives up the kits and goes to RiverClan to live with them, but does not tell any of the cats in the Clan before it is time to go.
- Fireheart is ThunderClan's new deputy now, but Tigerclaw still haunts Fireheart's mind. Some cats are wondering if Tigerclaw will attack. Most of the cats are still shocked about Tigerclaw's disloyalty and many warriors are badly injured. Bluestar did not seem like herself because her mind had been damaged by the terrible shock of Tigerclaw's betrayal. Her spirit and pride has been damaged by the shock of Tigerclaw's betrayal. She refuses to do the required leader duties, and Fireheart has to watch over the Clan. When Bluestar, accompanied by Fireheart, went to speak to StarClan at Mothermouth, a patrol of WindClan warriors, led by Mudclaw, stopped them before Bluestar was able to talk with them. The ThunderClan leader later feared that StarClan sent WindClan to stop them from going to Mothermouth and speaking with StarClan, which causes her to slip into further paranoia. Even so, the WindClan patrol had no right to stop Bluestar from journeying to Highstones, and that troubles Fireheart.
- Soon, mysterious ShadowClan scents are found on the territory. Two ShadowClan warriors, Littlecloud and Whitethroat, both reeking with sickness, stumble to the ThunderClan camp asking for herbs. Yellowfang immediately recognizes the sickness and sends the two cats away. Not long after, Fireheart finds Cinderpelt treating to the ShadowClan warriors in secret, her compassion helping her find the right herbs to heal the two cats. He makes her promise to send them away once they recover.
- Cloudpaw, an apprentice in ThunderClan who is also Fireheart's nephew, went to a Twoleg for food and one day was abducted by them. Fireheart and Sandstorm chase after the monster that held him, but in vain. Fireheart gave up all hope of finding his nephew and apprentice, until later Ravenpaw shows up and tells Fireheart that he saw a very unhappy kittypet who had the scent of ThunderClan. When Fireheart goes to investigate, he turns out to be Cloudpaw and after he is rescued he is welcomed back to the Clan.
- Tigerclaw and a group of Brokentail's old rogues attack a ThunderClan patrol near the Thunderpath. When Fireheart leads a patrol to investigate what happened, they discover Runningwind's body with Whitethroat bending over him. Thinking he killed Runningwind, Fireheart attacks Whitethroat and chases him onto the Thunderpath, where he is hit by a monster and dies. Tigerclaw reveals himself and fights Fireheart, promising to destroy ThunderClan. The rogues show up as well, but a RiverClan patrol, comprising of Graystripe, Leopardfur, Blackclaw, and Webfoot appears to help ThunderClan. Fireheart tells the Clan that Tigerclaw and his rogues want revenge, and he makes sure the camp is guarded day and night.
- Meanwhile the weather gets hotter and drier, and eventually a fire sweeps through the forest. The cats evacuate the camp and head for the river. When they discover that Halftail, Patchpelt, and Bramblekit are missing, Fireheart and Yellowfang return to the camp to search for them. Fireheart rescues Patchpelt and Bramblekit, but Yellowfang and Halftail get trapped by a burning tree and Fireheart is forced to leave them. The cats cross the river to be safe from the fire, and Crookedstar lets them shelter in RiverClan territory. In the ThunderClan camp, Fireheart finds Yellowfang still alive, and before she dies, she reveals that Brokentail was her son, and that she has killed him. Later, ThunderClan returns to their own territory, and the warriors are hard at work trying to rebuild their destroyed camp. They hope the forest will grow back and prey will return soon.
- At the end of the book, there is a Gathering, in which Tigerstar is recognized as leader of ShadowClan to ThunderClan's dismay.
- Another one of Tigerclaw's — who is now known as Tigerstar, after he became the leader of ShadowClan — schemes are revealed. He has led a pack of dogs to the forest. He had killed many rabbits and led a trail of them to the ThunderClan camp. He then killed the queen, Brindleface, so that the dogs can get a taste of cat blood before they find the camp.
- When the patrols find scraps of prey, obviously hunted by dogs, Bluestar claims that it was WindClan stealing prey from ThunderClan, and plans to attack them. The other cats know, however, that this is not true, and Fireheart tries to prevent the battle, even if disobeying the leader is against the warrior code. He arranges a meeting between Bluestar and Tallstar, and the battle is averted, but Bluestar becomes angry at Fireheart and states that he also betrayed her. She punishes him by doing nothing, so there would be a "traitor leading a bunch of traitors" after she died.
- Before he can lead them to the camp, Bluestar gives Cloudpaw his warrior name, Cloudtail, but none of the other apprentices because she says that Cloudtail does not believe in StarClan. Angry, Swiftpaw says to the other apprentices that they should do something. They decided that Bluestar couldn't ignore them any longer if they got rid of the dog pack. In the end, he and Brightpaw go. Swiftpaw is killed and Brightpaw's face is torn. Brightpaw just keeps saying "pack, pack" and "kill, kill" while she is healing. When it appears that Brightpaw might die, Bluestar gives her the warrior name Lostface so that StarClan will honor her as a warrior. When Fireheart, Cloudtail and Lostface go to see Cloudtail's mother, she is shocked by Lostface's face and Cloudtail is furious that Bluestar gave her that horrible name.
- When there is a surprise ambush on a ThunderClan patrol for Sunningrocks, Bluestar is about to be killed by Mistyfoot and Stonefur, who don't know that she is their mother, and Fireheart can only save her by telling them that she is their mother. Later, Bluestar says that he should have let them kill her because "it is better to die from a kill from a loyal warrior then die leading a Clan of traitors." In the fight, Leopardstar is going to kill Fireheart. Graystripe saves his life, so Leopardstar bans him from RiverClan; she ordered that if any cat finds him on their territory, kill him. Because Graystripe saved his life, Fireheart lets him back into ThunderClan.
- When Fireheart finds Tigerstar's trap, he evacuates the camp and has a plan to have fast warriors lure the dogs over a gorge. Because of Brindleface's death, her kits Fernpaw and Ashpaw say that they want to help avenge the death. The trap works perfectly until Tigerstar stops Fireheart so the dogs can catch up. Fireheart is saved by Bluestar by attacking the dogs and falling over the gorge with them. With the help of Mistyfoot and Stonefur, Fireheart brings Bluestar out of the river and she tells him about the prophecy that fire will save the Clan and Fireheart is that fire. Then she dies, and Fireheart is now the leader of ThunderClan.
- Firestar is the new leader of ThunderClan. When Firestar takes his name and his lives, StarClan tells him that "Four will become two, Lion and Tiger will meet in battle, and blood will rule the forest." This prophecy comes with a vision of a hill of bones.
- In the Clan, Darkstripe, a former ally of Tigerstar, has been showing signs of alliance with ShadowClan. Later, Firestar finds Sorrelkit poisoned next to a pile of chewed up deathberries. She later recovers and reveals that Darkstripe fed the berries to her, telling her they were a treat, so she could not tell Firestar about a meeting she'd witnessed between Darkstripe and Blackfoot, the ShadowClan deputy. Darkstripe is exiled from ThunderClan and is suspected to join his former ally, Tigerstar, in the newly formed TigerClan.
- At the nest Gathering, Tigerstar proposes that all the Clans join to one clan. ThunderClan refuses, while RiverClan agrees and WindClan denies. Firestar begins to tell the cats of Tigerstar's treachery to stop RiverClan, but he is stopped as clouds move in, covering the moon, and lightning flashes. Tigerstar interprets this as a sign from StarClan that the meeting is finished.
- Graystripe worriedly wants to check on his kits in RiverClan, Stormpaw and Featherpaw. As Firestar and Graystripe go to leave they bump into Ravenpaw who had come to pay his respects to Bluestar. Ravenpaw joins them on their mission. The three cats go to RiverClan and find not only Graystripe's kits, but Mistyfoot and Stonefur being held as prisoners. As Tigerstar and his followers kill Stonefur, the three ThunderClan cats help Mistyfoot, Featherpaw, and Stormpaw get away.
- Firestar and Tallstar are then prepared to fight Tigerstar. They are shocked by the appearance of BloodClan at the battle. Tigerstar orders BloodClan to fight for him, yet they make no move. Scourge tells Tigerstar that he is the only cat in charge of BloodClan. Firestar takes that chance to make an impression on Scourge by announcing to the cats of every Clan Tigerstar's wicked past. Hearing everything, Scourge decides that there will be no battle and he would think about what Firestar had said, so Tigerstar attacks him. Scourge kills Tigerstar easily, wiping out all nine of his lives in one blow. Scourge gives all of the forest Clans three days to either leave or fight BloodClan for their home. To face this danger, the four Clans unite and call their alliance LionClan, going into battle against BloodClan. Whitestorm, the ThunderClan deputy, is killed by the BloodClan deputy Bone. His last wishes were to appoint Graystripe as deputy of ThunderClan, saying that Graystripe was always Firestar's rightful deputy, with which Firestar complies.
- At the end of the battle, Firestar loses his first life to Scourge. He is revived by StarClan, much to Scourge's shock, and kills the BloodClan leader. After Scourge's death, the BloodClan cats scatter in confusion and fall back with no motivation to keep fighting. The Clans disband and become independent once more, and the balance of power in the forest is returned to normal.
In the New Prophecy Arc
- Brambleclaw, a ThunderClan warrior, has a dream where Bluestar tells him "Darkness, Air, Water, and Sky will come together... and shake the forest to its roots." She also tells him to meet three others and listen to what Midnight has to say. So one night, he goes to Fourtrees and while he is waiting for three other cats to come, he hears something in the ThunderClan direction and his rival Squirrelpaw comes out. She starts boasting about how good she is and then they get into a fight. Later, four other cats come: Crowpaw from WindClan, Feathertail and Stormfur, Graystripe's kits from RiverClan, and Tawnypelt from ShadowClan. Brambleclaw is confronted by why he brought Squirrelpaw and he says he didn't and that she followed him. When they ask Feathertail and Stormfur why there are two of them, Stormfur says that Feathertail had the dream, but since they were so close, he wouldn't let her come alone. They wait until midnight, but nothing happens. They return to their respective Clans.
- While Leafpaw and her mentor Cinderpelt are searching for herbs, StarClan sends Cinderpelt a vision of a tiger leaping forward from fire, and she concludes that the warning must mean that Squirrelpaw and Brambleclaw, the daughter of Firestar and the son of Tigerstar, will represent a danger to the forest, or to each other. Cinderpelt shares the warning with Firestar, who later decides to keep Brambleclaw and Squirrelpaw separated. Later, Brambleclaw has a dream that he was drowning in the ocean, which he calls the sun-drown-place, and he thinks that he should go there. He convinces the rest of the cats to go and Squirrelpaw makes him let her go after she fought with her father, Firestar. Before they can go, Leafpaw, Squirrelpaw's sister, finds out that they are leaving and she promises not to tell anyone. Firestar is worried, thinking that he scared them away.
- Soon, all leaders find out that the other Clans lost cats as well, and discuss about it on a Gathering. They are uneasy, wondering why StarClan did not send them a message, and asking if there is some new enemy in the forest hunting them down. Only Leafpaw, Squirrelpaw's sister, knows about the mission StarClan gave to the cats, but does not tell about it to any other cat.
- The journey is long, and they meet new friends along the way. Eventually, they reach the sun-drown-place and enter a cavern inhabited by a highly intelligent badger named Midnight. She eventually reveals that all Clans are in danger, as the forest is about to be completely destroyed by Twolegs to construct a new Thunderpath, and there is no way to stop it. The six cats must lead the Clans to find a new home.
- Back in the forest, Twolegs start destroying ThunderClan territory.
- The cats on the Great Journey come across the Tribe of Rushing Water, who they are in danger from Sharptooth. Sharptooth is a mountain lion, described by the Tribe cats as "a lion-like cat without its mane." When the cats get there, the Tribe is nice to them, but then when they try to leave, they keep Stormfur because they say that he is part of a prophecy that says a silver cat would come and save them from Sharptooth. The rest of the cats make a plan and bring him back with them on the night that Sharptooth attacks. Later, Stormfur has a dream and tells the cats that he needs to go and help. Squirrelpaw has an idea to stuff a rabbit with deathberries. The plan doesn't work and Sharptooth corners Crowpaw. Feathertail has fallen in love with him and gives her life to save him. In the end, the silver cat was Feathertail, who died and was left with the Tribe. As the cats quest home, Squirrelpaw is the first to see Highstones, telling the cats that they were almost home.
- In the forest, the Twolegs continue to destroy the forest. Firestar had seen on a patrol suspicious Twoleg activity. He sends himself, Cinderpelt, Graystripe, Brackenfur and Leafpaw to go to ShadowClan to talk to speak with Blackstar. Russetfur catches them instead, and accuses them of trespassing, and they start to fight. Firestar shouts to stop, breaking up the battling cats. Russetfur finally lets Firestar's patrol pass to speak to Blackstar. He does not seem to care and just calls it "just some Twoleg activity." Russetfur then escorts the ThunderClan patrol to the border.
- Leafpaw convinces her friend, Sorreltail to come with her to see WindClan, but they get chased out by Mudclaw, Tornear, and an unknown tabby tom. They come up to the RiverClan border and meet Mothwing, RiverClan's medicine cat apprentice. She gives Leafpaw and Sorreltail a fish only because a RiverClan patrol is coming, and the two cats return to their Clan. Later, Leafpaw goes to RiverClan territory again and has Mothwing teach her how to fish. They share a fish, and Hawkfrost, Mothwing's brother, scents WindClan and ThunderClan as Leafpaw goes to hide in the reeds. Hawkfrost tells Mothwing that if the other Clans were weak, then RiverClan could rule the forest. Mothwing accuses him of acting like Tigerstar and leads him upstream so Leafpaw can escape. As she runs back to camp, she wonders how Hawkfrost resembles Brambleclaw, and wonders if Tigerstar is their father. Graystripe then runs into her as he is out hunting, and he escorts her back to camp. Leafpaw then tells Firestar that Squirrelpaw is alive.
- The next day, a patrol of Firestar, Dustpelt, and Sorreltail come back and say that WindClan is stealing prey. They discuss this at the highrock and decide to send a patrol of Firestar, Graystripe, Sandstorm, Dustpelt, Thornclaw, Ashfur, and Cinderpelt to talk to Tallstar. The two Clans dispute over the prey, then they leave WindClan with a warning to not steal anymore prey. At the gathering to Mothermouth, Barkface tells them about the rabbit poisoning and that multiple WindClan cats have died from it. The warning passes on to ThunderClan, coming to the conclusion that they should not eat rabbits. Dappletail eats one of the rabbits, outraged that she's not "allowed," and dies almost instantly. Also, Cloudtail and Brightheart mysteriously disappear.
- That night, as the Clan sits vigil for Dappletail, Dustpelt comes out of the nursery, wailing that his kit, Larchkit, is dead. The next morning, Leafpaw and Sorreltail run into RiverClan territory after seeing a Twoleg monster nearby. Sorreltail then begins to hunt, forgetting she was on RiverClan territory, and then gets pinned down by Hawkfrost. Mothwing comes and stops the dispute between the two warriors, and it is revealed that Mistyfoot, the RiverClan deputy has disappeared strangely as well. It is also revealed that Tigerstar is the father to Hawkfrost and Mothwing. A few days later, Leafpaw and Sorreltail go out to survey how close the Twolegs are coming, but Leafpaw gets trapped in a Twoleg box.
- The destruction of the forest has already begun with all the Clans except RiverClan. They are each starving as the food supply has been cut off and the habitat destroyed by the Twolegs building a new Thunderpath. Amid the destruction, cats are being taken away by Twolegs and shut into cages, including the ThunderClan medicine cat apprentice, Leafpaw. Fourtrees is destroyed by Twolegs and Firestar takes ThunderClan away from their camp for safety, ending up at Sunningrocks.
- The cats on the journey to find Midnight come back and tell all the Clans that they have to leave or they will die. Squirrelpaw and Brambleclaw tell Firestar that he will need to come to see the dying warrior with them. Firestar agrees and the next night, Squirrelpaw, Brambleclaw, Cinderpelt, and Firestar go to see the dying warrior. They meet up with the other Clans, and then they wait for the sign. The sign ends up not coming, and the cats part. Firestar asks them to stay but they don't. Firestar reminds them of the journey. Leopardstar says that her Clan wasn't troubled by the Twolegs yet, so they will stay until they are.
- Blackstar tells Firestar that if the Twolegs come, they will go and live in the forest where BloodClan used to rule. The two leaders leave and only Tallstar and Firestar are left. Tallstar tells Firestar they will need to go alone, but Firestar refuses and reminds him that they were four Clans and there always will be. Tallstar is disappointed and he gathers Barkface and Crowpaw, then the WindClan cats leave. The ThunderClan cats then leave.
- Leafpaw is captured by Twolegs and finds Mistyfoot of RiverClan, Cloudtail and Brightheart of ThunderClan, Gorsetail of WindClan, a kittypet named Cody, and Sasha, mother of Mothwing and Hawkfrost. Squirrelpaw has a dream which Spottedleaf shows her where to find the kidnapped cats. She and Sorreltail go and try to help, but a ThunderClan patrol comes and is close to stopping them. Squirrelpaw asks them if they could come, and the patrol agrees, and when they help, Graystripe is taken by the Twolegs.
- A devastating attack on the ShadowClan camp -in which Firestar loses a life from being crushed by a tree- eventually convinces all four leaders that the Clans must leave the forest, and they set out. They shelter in a ruined Twoleg Nest near Barley's Farm, then reach Highstones. The dying warrior from Midnight's prophecy is revealed to be a star which runs through the night sky and drops behind the mountains, showing the direction the Clans must go to find their new home.
- Before they leave on the great journey, Firestar was worried about leaving Graystripe back. All Clans make the journey across the mountains with help from the Tribe to find a new home. They reach a lake and the original cats from the journey, Squirrelflight, Crowfeather, Tawnypelt and Brambleclaw, accompanied by Mistyfoot of RiverClan, find the new camps and territories for each of their Clans.
- In honor of finding the new territory, Firestar names Squirrelpaw as a new warrior, Squirrelflight. The Clan leaders send a patrol of cats to explore the lake territory. They come back two sunrises after, reporting that they found new territories for all of the Clans. The Clans separate and move to their new territories.
- In a dream, Spottedleaf shows Leafpaw where to find the new place for speaking to StarClan. Leafpaw brings Sorreltail with her and together they find the Moonpool, a place where medicine cats go to share tongues with StarClan or leaders to get their nine lives. A new prophecy is revealed to her: "Before there is peace, blood will spill blood, and the lake will run red." Leafpaw is granted her new medicine cat name by Cinderpelt at the Moonpool, Leafpool.
- ThunderClan supports WindClan in the battle against Mudclaw's rebels. When they defeat the cats from the WindClan camp, some cats follow others to the ThunderClan camp. Two ShadowClan cats knock over Leafpool as they run by and she was about to fall off a rock, which she clung to her death. Crowfeather is there and she calls for him, but he is remembering when Feathertail fell over and he starts to mumble to himself, almost allowing Leafpool to fall. When Leafpool is back and safe, Crowfeather confesses his love to Leafpool and she says that she loves him too, but no other ThunderClan cat knows.
- Brambleclaw ends up pursuing Mudclaw and Hawkfrost, and fights Mudclaw. Mudclaw has the advantage over Brambleclaw until Hawkfrost saves him. Mudclaw claims that he and Hawkfrost had an agreement: Mudclaw would take over and make Hawkfrost deputy, despite him being RiverClan. Hawkfrost denies this. Just then, lightning strikes a tree, crushing Mudclaw and making a bridge to an island, which was earlier mentioned as a possible Gathering spot. All cats gather around and celebrate Onewhisker's victory, and he says he will go and receive his leader name and nine lives as soon as possible.
- Brambleclaw and Squirrelflight are still fighting over Brambleclaw's brother, Hawkfrost, whom Squirrelflight believes to be evil. Hostilities grow not only between the cats, but also between the Clans. During this book, ThunderClan also had to face the hostility from Onestar, the new leader of WindClan, who wants the other Clans to recognize the fact that his Clan can take care of itself and that it doesn't need ThunderClan to help it. To this end, Onestar breaks off his longtime friendship with Firestar. However, the two leaders reach an understanding when WindClan assists ThunderClan during the badger attack.
- The Clans are struggling to get familiar with their new territories, uncovering its secrets and dangers and encountering enemies such as badgers and foxes. A patrol meets a badger and her cubs and chase them out from the Clan territory; while Squirrelflight and Ashfur are later attacked by a fox, and it is up to Brambleclaw to save them both. Meanwhile, ShadowClan has trouble with some hostile kittypets on their territory, and it falls to a ThunderClan patrol to help them devise a plan to stop the kittypets from attacking Clan cats. ThunderClan accepts new cats in their ranks; Daisy, a loner from the Horseplace, and her three kits. Despite several cats objecting, it is eventually decided they can stay.
- Brambleclaw starts meeting Tigerstar in his dreams and Leafpool can't get the thoughts of Crowfeather out of her head. When Leafpool goes to WindClan, she and Crowfeather plan to run away. Before she leaves, Cinderpelt and Leafpool have a fight, and Leafpool leaves. At camp, the badgers are attacking. After Crowfeather and Leafpool spend a night away from their Clans, they meet up with Midnight the badger. She tells him the badgers are attacking, and they go back to the Clans. They decide they shouldn't see each other anymore. Cinderpelt dies in the badger attack while protecting Sorreltail during her kitting, leaving Leafpool as the sole medicine cat. Stormfur and Brook arrive and help the Clan, though they do not reveal why they returned.
- Brambleclaw must choose once and for all if he will follow in his father's pawsteps or reject the power that Tigerstar promises and concentrate on being a loyal warrior. Stormfur and Brook go back to RiverClan, but Hawkfrost has them thrown out of the Clan. Brambleclaw brings them back to ThunderClan. Brambleclaw is named the new deputy, and Graystripe is pronounced dead.
- As for Cinderpelt, all of the Clans are grieving for her. Leafpool finds herself struggling between grief and betrayal, for she has not seen Cinderpelt in the ranks of StarClan. During a visit to the Moonpool, Spottedleaf comes to Leafpool in a dream and shows her that Cinderpelt has been reincarnated in the form of Cinderkit, a fluffy gray she-cat (one of Sorreltail and Brakenfur's four kits).
- Berrykit, a new kit of ThunderClan, runs away from the camp and ends up getting his tail stuck in a fox trap. A patrol of ThunderClan cats go and save him.
- When Firestar is found caught in a fox trap, Hawkfrost urges Brambleclaw to kill the ThunderClan leader, as it is part of Tigerstar's plan for Hawkfrost and Brambleclaw to take over the four Clans. After struggling with his desires, Brambleclaw refuses to kill Firestar and he frees him from the trap. Because Brambleclaw has betrayed their father's plans, Hawkfrost attacks Brambleclaw, but Brambleclaw kills Hawkfrost with the trap's sharp stick. Before he dies, Hawkfrost claims to Brambleclaw that he had help with his plan and that their fight is not over. This leads Brambleclaw to think that there is a traitor in ThunderClan, though nothing is revealed when the book ends. After Hawkfrost's death, Brambleclaw expects to be exiled by Firestar, for the latter had just seen his deputy on the verge of killing him. Firestar, however, praises Brambleclaw for what he did. With that, the prophecy "Before there is peace, blood will spill blood, and the lake will run red" is fullfilled.
In the Power of Three Arc
- In the prologue, it is revealed that StarClan has sent Firestar a prophecy that he has kept secret for several seasons: "There will be three, kin of your kin, who hold the power of the stars in their paws." Firestar realizes that the three kits of Squirrelflight, his daughter, and his deputy and former apprentice, Brambleclaw, are the three prophesied cats. Jaypaw, one of the three kits, is blind while his sister, Hollypaw, becomes Leafpool's apprentice so she can become more important to her Clan as a medicine cat. However, she soon discovers that being a medicine cat is not her strength, and she would rather become a warrior. The day that she renounces her training is the same day that Jaypaw becomes a medicine cat apprentice instead, since he learned that it was his destiny from a dream with StarClan. Jaypaw does not enjoy being a medicine cat; he would much rather be a warrior, but he values himself as useless as a warrior. In a dream, Jaypaw travels to the realms of StarClan and realizes that he can see. He soon meets Spottedleaf, who tells him he has a wonderful gift. The gift is that Jaypaw can travel into others' dreams, and he can sense the deep feelings of others.
- Graystripe returns to ThunderClan with a cat named Millie, a former kittypet who helped him on his way back. When they arrive at a Gathering, it is discovered Millie is his new mate.
- At the next Gathering, Squirrelflight shares an idea: to have a special Gathering, just once. All four Clans would meet in ThunderClan territory during the day, at sunhigh. Each Clan would have their apprentices compete in different contests; tree climbing, hunting, and fighting. Whichever Clans' apprentice won would pick the prey from the fresh-kill pile first. Jaypaw, upset that he can't compete, stays behind at the camp. Then he has a vision. He is choking on earth, and he smells the mingled scents of badger and fox. He is scrabbling desperately with his paws, and realizes that he is seeing through Lionpaw's eyes. It turns out that, while competing in the hunting category, Lionpaw and Breezepaw fell into a collapsing badger sett. Luckily, Jaypaw got there in time to save them along with Crowfeather.
- This is also a time when Jaypaw, and Lionpaw, Brambleclaw and Squirrelflights' kits, are made warrior apprentices. Hollypaw, their daughter, starts as medicine cat apprentice but decides she wants to be a warrior, while Jaypaw decides to be a medicine cat. Jaypaw appears in Firestar's dream and hears Skywatcher speak these words; a prophecy: "There will be three, kin of your kin... who hold the power of the stars in their paws." Jaypaw realizes the three that are said to hold great power is he, Lionpaw, and Hollypaw.
- Lionpaw strikes a small relationship with the young WindClan apprentice Heatherpaw, and the two sneak out nightly to meet. After being discovered by Hollypaw and Cinderpaw, they can't meet anymore along the borders. But soon, Heatherpaw discovers a series of tunnels leading into a cave with a river underground, and one of the tunnels leads onto ThunderClan territory. She and Lionpaw start meeting there where no cat can find them and call themselves DarkClan.
- After a small border battle between ThunderClan and WindClan, Lionpaw realizes that he could have been fighting Heatherpaw there, and he breaks off the relationship with her that night. Heatherpaw is grief-stricken and leaves saying that being a warrior better be worth it.
- When Jaypaw and Leafpool go to WindClan to relay a message from Firestar, they find out the WindClan kits are missing. When they bring the news to ThunderClan, Lionpaw thinks they went to help thinking that they had gone in the tunnels. When WindClan threatens ThunderClan, thinking they stole the kits, Jaypaw, Hollypaw, and Lionpaw go into the tunnels to find the kits. Jaypaw leads the way to the kits with the help of a cat that died in the tunnels when it was raining and the tunnels flooded. The cat's name was Fallen Leaves and he guided Jaypaw through the maze of tunnels. Once they found the kits it started to rain and the tunnels flooded. They got out by following the river; they stopped the battle with the Clans by showing them the kits and saying that they were making a camp on the beach. The Clans are now at peace again.
- Berrypaw boasts about his catch during his assessment, and motions with his head a scathing comment about how Jaypaw made him miss a blackbird. Berrypaw, Hazelpaw, and Mousepaw then become warriors, named Berrynose, Hazeltail, and Mousewhisker. Only a day or two later, Icekit and Foxkit become apprentices and their mentors are Whitewing and Squirrelflight, respectively.
- The Tribe of Rushing Water comes to ThunderClan for help as their Tribe is being invaded by rogues who steal their prey. Squirrelflight and Brambleclaw, decide to go, and Hollypaw, Lionpaw, and Jaypaw spy on them. Squirrelflight is exasperated, and says that they can go too. They decide to ask Tawnypelt and Crowfeather to go with them, so that they'd have all the cats who first went on the journey to the sun-drown-place. Breezepaw comes, too, as a punishment.
- In the end, the Tribe manage to drive out the invaders, mostly thanks to Lionpaw (with Tigerstar's help), who came back from the battle covered in the rogue's blood. Hollypaw thinks it was his blood, and rushes to tell Jaypaw right away. When Jaypaw finishes examining Lionpaw, Hollypaw boasts to Jaypaw how brave Lionpaw was during the battle. Jaypaw finally decides to tell his littermates about the prophecy.
- Hollypaw and a few other cats go on a border patrol to the WindClan border because they had scented WindClan on their territory, and found dead fresh-kill with WindClan scent on it. The next day, Hollypaw, Lionpaw, and the rest of a patrol go to the WindClan border for a second time. There, Hollypaw scents something in the bushes, which turns out to be one of the tunnels the leads to the river, the same one from Dark River. She doesn't tell the rest of the patrol, but Lionpaw goes back to see what it was.
- One day, while Cinderpaw was having her assessment, her leg was injured and is forced to delay her warrior's ceremony while she rests in the medicine cat den. Jaypaw becomes frustrated because Leafpool is babying Cinderpaw's leg when she really needs to let Cinderpaw exercise and make it stronger. Cinderpaw then becomes lazy and won't even stand up to drink her own water from the pool. Eventually, Jaypaw comes up with an idea to teach Cinderpaw how to swim in the lake. The two apprentices sneak away when Leafpool is making dirt, and they head to the lake. Cinderpaw learns that she can swim, and when Leafpool catches them, she is impressed with Jaypaw.
- A mysterious loner, Sol, comes to ThunderClan, and warns them that the sun will go out. That night, Lionpaw can't sleep, thinking it is Foxpaw and Icepaw whispering, but then he scents WindClan outside the apprentice den. He emerges from the den, and sees all of WindClan there. He yowls and the cats rush into battle. Firestar eventually yells to stop, and the cats in both Clans obey. Firestar walks up to Onestar, who tells Firestar WindClan is fighting because ThunderClan "will help cats once they beg for it, and they ignore the warrior code." However, WindClan leaves the camp, and Firestar tells a patrol to follow WindClan to make sure they leave the territory.
- There, WindClan split into three groups. The patrol returns and tells Firestar, who sends out two more patrols, and orders another to stay at camp in case WindClan invade. All three of the patrols get ambushed, and a battle breaks out. Hollypaw's patrol is being defeated, so she is ordered by Brambleclaw to go to ShadowClan to ask Blackstar for help, while WindClan asks RiverClan for help, and soon all four Clans are fighting. Immediately after, the sun falls into an eclipse, causing WindClan, RiverClan, and ShadowClan to panic and retreat to their own territories.
- Jaypaw convinces Lionpaw and Hollypaw that they need to find Sol and ask about the prophecy. They find him outside any of the territories in an abandoned Twoleg nest, different from the one on ThunderClan territory, and Sol tells them all he knows. Jaypaw convinces Sol to make a nest just outside ThunderClan's territory and become their 'mentor' for the prophecy. On the way back, they get caught by a ShadowClan patrol and Sol goes to Blackstar and tells the three apprentices that he was going to stay in ShadowClan.
- At the end of the book, Cinderpaw, Hollypaw, and Lionpaw get their warrior names, Cinderheart, Hollyleaf, and Lionblaze.
- Tawnypelt and her kits Flamepaw, Tigerpaw, and Dawnpaw come to ThunderClan, asking to stay there; they didn't want to be in ShadowClan if it meant that they couldn't believe in StarClan because of Sol. Greencough breaks out and Millie and Briarkit, one of her kits, are the first victims, but it continues to spread to many more ThunderClan cats. Graystripe and the healthy kits, whom Daisy is feeding, are worried about Millie.
- Jayfeather comes up with the idea to create a fake sign from StarClan. He talks to Lionblaze, Hollyleaf, and Tawnypelt's kits and they all agree to pitch in and help create fake a sign from StarClan to get ShadowClan to get rid of Sol. Tigerpaw lures Littlecloud and Blackstar to the brink of ShadowClan territory while the others knock down three pine trees. Tigerpaw pretends to have been captured by a StarClan cat and would not be let out until ShadowClan started believing in their warrior ancestors again, and every cat there is surprised, even the perpetrators of the sign, when Raggedstar and Runningnose come down, telling Blackstar and Littlecloud that Tigerpaw is safe but they must restore faith to StarClan. They agree and drive Sol out of the Clan. Tawnypelt, Tigerpaw, Flamepaw, and Dawnpaw return to ShadowClan.
- Greencough continues to terrorize ThunderClan. Firestar comes up with the idea to temporarily shelter the sick cats in the abandoned Twoleg nest, but soon loses a life, causing everyone to panic. The Clan is dangerously short of catmint, but Jaypaw knows that there is a fresh supply in WindClan territory. Jaypaw walks into Kestrelpaw's dreams and asks him where catmint can be found. Kestrelpaw, not knowing that it is the real Jaypaw and not just a dream, eagerly shows him a supply of catmint in WindClan territory. Jaypaw then asks Lionblaze to go fetch the catmint. Lionblaze refuses because of his nightmares of him killing Heatherpaw, but as the greencough gets worse, he finally goes. He meets Heatherpaw, the exact thing that he wished would not happen, who saw him stealing. She says she is now Heathertail. When Lionblaze brings the catmint, everyone is healed and returns to the camp. Jaypaw and Leafpool go to the Moonpool and he receives the name of Jayfeather, and the rank of a full medicine cat. Afterward, life in ThunderClan is almost back to normal.
- Then, during a storm, the camp catches fire. Jayfeather, Lionblaze, Hollyleaf, and Squirrelflight are trapped, but Squirrelflight makes it through the flames and drags a stick through in an attempt to save the kits, but needs some assistance. Ashfur heroically leaps in and drags it all the way through. Just as Lionblaze leaps on, though, Ashfur blocks the way. Squirrelflight begs him to let them through but he tells her that he never forgave her after she left him for Brambleclaw and reveals he was the one who helped Hawkfrost set the trap for Firestar to show her the pain of losing a loved one as he had faced. He said that he will now kill Hollyleaf, Lionblaze, and Jayfeather in another attempt to hurt her. Squirrelflight says that he cannot hurt her that way because they are not her kits. She explains how she kept the secret from Brambleclaw and the whole of ThunderClan. Ashfur lets them live, but he threatens to tell her secret, and she is shocked that Ashfur would betray her like this. Squirrelflight refrains from telling them who their parents are, and they begin to doubt whether they really are the Three the prophecy speaks of.
- The fire fades away and all the cats get the camp set up. Three days before the Gathering, Ashfur asks Firestar if he can go. Hollyleaf, Lionblaze, Jayfeather, and Squirrelflight are worried that he is doing it to publicly announce Squirrelflight's secret. Between then and the day of the Gathering, the three warn Ashfur that he will regret it if he reveals the secret. Although he is frightened, he refuses to listen to them. Right before the Gathering, the patrol of warriors going notices that both Ashfur and Squirrelflight are missing. Squirrelflight later shows up, wet and muddy, and explains that she was looking for herbs for Leafpool by the border neighboring ShadowClan and fell into the stream. They leave without Ashfur. On the way to the Gathering, they see Ashfur's body lying in the WindClan stream as if he had drowned. They take him back to camp and set him for vigil. Leafpool notices a slit in his neck, suggesting he was murdered. After the Gathering, Firestar announces that Ashfur's death was unknown and suspects a cat from ThunderClan may have been the murderer.
- Leafpool and Jayfeather repeating a long-used ritual to send Ashfur to StarClan. While Leafpool is doing it, she discovers a tuft of fur in Ashfur's claws, which scares her because it's the fur of a cat she knows. She tries to convince herself it came from one of the cats that brought Ashfur back to camp, but Ashfur's claws wouldn't be strong enough to tear fur out from a carrier, saying that his claws would only flex the fur, not tear it out. Leafpool, in a lot of pain and shock, then wonders if it's her fault he's dead.
- Back in ThunderClan, many cats are discussing Ashfur's murder. Thornclaw, Spiderleg and a few other cats think that a WindClan cat killed him. Thornclaw "plans" an ambush on WindClan, only to be interrupted by Brambleclaw. After Thornclaw's group was split up, Brambleclaw questions Lionblaze - since he was Ashfur's last apprentice - and Lionblaze answers that he knows nothing about Ashfur's murder, since he and Ashfur were never very close.
- Firestar then sends a patrol to WindClan territory to ask if they know anything about Ashfur's murder. They are spotted on the border of their territory and WindClan's by a patrol. After talking for a moment, Firestar's patrol is then escorted to the WindClan camp. After Onestar says that WindClan had nothing to do with the ThunderClan warrior's murder, he asks a patrol of cats, Ashfoot, the deputy of WindClan, and Breezepelt among them. When they reach the end WindClan's territory, Ashfoot tells the patrol of ThunderClan cats that she sighted Sol near the sight of Ashfur's dead body, and this leads to the thought that Sol killed Ashfur.
- When Firestar's patrol returns to their camp, he holds a Clan meeting to inform the rest of the Clan as to what they learned from Ashfoot. It's noted that Thornclaw's group was more reluctant to the idea that a rogue killed Ashfur, instead of another warrior, and their theory that WindClan killed Ashfur is forgotten. As Firestar ends the meeting, Hollyleaf reveals that she ran into Sol before he left the lake territory, and he said that he'll be back, and the Clan takes Sol's last words to her as a threat. With this information, Firestar decides to send a patrol to the sun-drown place to search for Sol. The cats chosen are Birchfall, Brambleclaw, Brackenfur, Hazeltail, Hollyleaf and Lionblaze.
- As they depart the lake area, Brambleclaw decides to make a quick stop to see Smoky and Floss, the two cats who live in the Horseplace. This is where he introduces Smoky to his daughter, Hazeltail. The two bond for a brief moment, and then the patrol leaves. On the way, the travelers run into some dogs and are saved by a she-cat named Jingo. She brings them to a group of cats that once sheltered Sol, and the cats seem to hate Sol. They then learn about how Sol has controlled these cats just like he did with ShadowClan. Soon after they leave, they run into Purdy and Sol and they bring both back to ThunderClan for questioning.
- Lionblaze is on the flat rocks with Honeyfern and Berrynose. Millie and Graystripe's kits, Bumblekit, Blossomkit, and Briarkit, are playing on the rocks until a poisonous snake pops up behind Briarkit. Honeyfern jumps and pushes Briarkit out of the way, but in the process she is bitten by the snake, and all Leafpool does is stare at Honeyfern's littermate, Cinderheart. Sorreltail, Honeyfern's mother, asks Leafpool why she wasn't doing anything, but Leafpool says that the poison already took hold of Honeyfern and she can't do anything.
- Jayfeather, on the other hand, tries to figure out the mystery herb that Leafpool mixed in with Mousefur's tansy at the time of his birth. He later brushes against it, and Littlecloud tells him it's parsley, used for stopping milk in nursing queens if their kits die. Jayfeather then realizes his real mother must have had to take it to stop her milk. He then realizes that his mother is Leafpool, and she confirms this, telling Hollyleaf as well. When she talks with her, she also reveals that Hollyleaf was Ashfur's killer.
- Yellowfang comes to Jayfeather in a dream and brings him a crow's feather, revealing that their father was Crowfeather of WindClan. Hollyleaf, the one with the strongest faith in the code, is shattered. At the Gathering, Hollyleaf reveals the secret of her, Lionblaze, and Jayfeather's parentage. Crowfeather states that his only mate is Nightcloud, and his sole kit is Breezepelt, also saying that Leafpool and their kits mean nothing to him. When Cinderheart asks Hollyleaf what she'd done, she says she'd done the right thing, but Cinderheart says that there was no right thing and everything to do with it led to more pain, as if channeling Cinderpelt. Hollyleaf then figures that the whole thing was Leafpool's fault. She then stops Leafpool in the medicine den and tries to force her to eat deathberries. Leafpool then states that she lost the one cat she loved and her calling as a medicine cat. She then asks which would be easier for her: "To die or go on living?" Hollyleaf then lets her mother go, and then flees into the forest with Jayfeather and Lionblaze following her. Hollyleaf then runs into the tunnels, but they collapse, thus possibly trapping her. Jayfeather and Lionblaze are unable to get her out. It's unknown if she is dead or not.
- Now that there are only two, Jayfeather and Lionblaze wonder who the third cat in the prophecy is. Then Whitewing, Cloudtail's daughter has two kits, Dovekit and Ivykit. Jayfeather realizes that because they are kin of Firestar's kin, that one of them could possibly the third cat in the prophecy.
In the Omen of the Stars Arc
- It starts out at a Gathering in Lionblaze's point of view, taking place during a drought that has dried the river and the stream running through ThunderClan territory. Cats are starving and also dying of thirst, and during the Gathering, Lionblaze notes that RiverClan is especially unstable. During the Gathering, Leopardstar accused the others Clan of stealing fish in the lake, and insists that the lake belongs to RiverClan, therefore announcing she will send out RiverClan patrols to make sure other Clans do not fish.
- Dovekit and Ivykit later become apprentices, with Lionblaze as Dovepaw's mentor and Cinderheart as Ivypaw's, and they go on a patrol to collect water for the Clan. On the way, Dovepaw expresses some of her powers by noting how she sees and hears cats from all the way across the lake. Meanwhile, Dovepaw receives a dream from Yellowfang, ThunderClan's old medicine cat, and is told of a prophecy: After the sharp-eyed jay and the roaring lion, peace will come on dove's gentle wing. Dovepaw, however, soon forgets this dream. Later, Dovepaw speaks of seeing brown animals up the river building a dam out when she was in the forest, though no other cat believes her. Lionblaze and Jayfeather speak to her, informing her that she is the third cat of the prophecy, although Dovepaw does not take this fact well.
- Lionblaze creates a plan to travel up the stream and find a way to unclog it and bring the water back, a journey that would include a patrol from each Clan, and Firestar agrees. All four Clans end up joining the journey, although Leopardstar is hesitant, and must be urged by Mistyfoot, her deputy. Lionblaze and Dovepaw are chosen for the trip, and meet up with Toadfoot and Tigerheart of ShadowClan, Whitetail and Sedgewhisker of WindClan, and Rippletail and Petalfur of RiverClan. They set off on their journey, though are chased back into ThunderClan territory after encountering Twolegs. They set off again, traveling up the quiet stream bed until Dovepaw scents dogs, and they struggle to escape from them. Later on, they encounter a pen of rabbits that are owned by a couple of Twolegs, but before they can eat them, three kittypets named Seville, Jigsaw, and Snowdrop confront them. They eventually leave the rabbits, and soon travel up to the beavers' dam. The cats, after first finding the dam, meet a loner named Woody, who seems to refuse to help them, though later on gives in. They plan an attack on the beavers, but the beavers gain the upper hand, badly wounding the cats and killing Rippletail.
- The patrol creates a plan to use two cats to distract the beavers while the rest of them dismantle the dam, but it is pointed out that the patrol would be too small to complete the task. Lionblaze and Dovepaw set out to find Seville, Jigsaw, and Snowdrop, the cats they met earlier, and try to convince them to help them with their mission. The kittypets agree, though are uncertain after Dovepaw warns them of the danger. They put the plan into action after practicing with dismantling logs, enforcing it at night during a rainstorm. Whitetail, Sedgewhisker, and Woody distract the beavers, and they begin. After a while, Dovepaw hears the beavers retreating back to the stream, and just in time, the cats manage to completely collapse the dam, but are swallowed away with the river during the process.
- Back at the Clans, Jayfeather then tells Lionblaze about Breezepelt's attack on him, and Lionblaze confesses that he had secret training sessions with Tigerstar. Jayfeather also tells that there will be a battle between StarClan and the Dark Forest, and all Clans must participate.
- During training, Lionblaze and Cinderheart are training their apprentices battle moves among the trees, learning to drop down on their enemies from above. Dovepaw hears dogs in WindClan, and sees that her old friend Sedgewhisker is being attacked. She notifies Lionblaze, but he refuses to let her help. Later that night, frustrated by the fact she was prevented from seeing Sedgewhisker, Dovepaw wakes Ivypaw and they slip off to WindClan. Dovepaw finds Sedgewhisker, but she is angry with her for trespassing and interfering. The camp awakens, and Onestar sends Heathertail and Breezepelt to escort the two apprentices back home. When they get there, the two WindClan warriors speak briefly to Firestar, and then leave. Firestar, furious with the two, gives their punishments to their mentors after speaking with them. He then sends Cinderheart and Ivypaw away, and reveals to Lionblaze, Jayfeather and Dovepaw that he knows that they are the three prophecy cats. Jayfeather tells him that they already know of the prophecy, and each cat tells him their different powers.
- Out on patrol the next day, Dovepaw and the other warriors confront a ShadowClan patrol after finding some scent on their territory. Tigerheart comes over and checks the scent, covering it with his own; Dovepaw realizes it was his. She reveals this to him, who promises to speak privately to her later. Jayfeather also tells both Lionblaze and Dovepaw that he found Tigerheart sniffing at the border a half-moon ago. Dovepaw later talks with Tigerheart at the Gathering, who does not tell her what he is up to, but asks that she trust him.
- The next day, Lionblaze, Jayfeather and Dovepaw are talking with Firestar when Dovepaw senses that the high winds are loosening a tree’s roots, and it will crash into the camp. Firestar orders the immediate evacuation of the camp. All the cats quickly rush out, except for Mousefur, who goes back to get a mouse. Longtail tries to stop her, and when she refuses to listen, goes back into the camp himself to get it. Briarpaw follows after him, and the tree falls as they reach the elders’ den. The Clan uses branches to prop up the tree so Lionblaze can get through the wreckage to the elders’ den. He finds Longtail dead and Briarpaw severely wounded. They manage to get her free from the wreckage; Jayfeather accepts Leafpool’s help to make Briarpaw comfortable. Briarpaw tells them that she can’t feel her back legs at all, and Jayfeather tests this theory by pricking along her spine; when he gets near the end, she can feel nothing, to the point of Jayfeather making her bleed. Leafpool advises Jayfeather to see Littlecloud, who treated a cat of a similar injury. Jayfeather journeys to ShadowClan, and Littlecloud lets him know about a warrior who broke his spine, and he ended up dying because of inactivity, and fluid filling his chest. Jayfeather returns and comes up with exercises for Briarpaw to do to prevent her from dying, though she will never be able to walk or feel her hind legs again.
- The three apprentices receive their warrior names; Blossomfall, Bumblestripe and Briarlight. Briarlight is keeping a positive attitude and working diligently through her exercises. Dovepaw and Ivypaw are growing farther apart as their differences separate them. Ivypaw continues to train with Hawkfrost, who has now progressed to showing her fighting moves. She uses some of them later in a training session, successfully downing some of the other warriors. Leafpool questions her about some of her moves afterwards, but she evades them.
- Ivypaw is brought to the Dark Forest and convinced by Tigerstar and Hawkfrost that ShadowClan is planning an attack on ThunderClan, and that Firestar should take back the strip of territory he gave them to assert ThunderClan's position. On awakening, Ivypaw goes to Firestar and convinces him with a made-up dream to get the territory back. Firestar at first goes on a patrol to warn Blackstar of their intentions; the ShadowClan leader refuses to listen to them, and they leave, promising to leave scent markers on the new territory in the morning. On arrival of the next day, the two Clans break into a battle over the territory; Russetfur is killed and Firestar loses a life. Blackstar gives them the territory at the end of the battle; but there is no triumph from ThunderClan in the victory. Lionblaze speculates that the Dark Forest cats stimulated the unneeded battle to weaken the Clan cats.
- Meanwhile, after the battle with ShadowClan over a strip of territory, Jayfeather is busy treating the injured. He speaks to Lionblaze about killing Russetfur, though the conversation quickly turns towards the Dark Forest. The brothers agree that they should not ignore any signs now. After a full day, Jayfeather rests, only to find himself in Ivypaw's dream, discovering that she and Tigerheart are receiving training from the cats in the Dark Forest.
- The next morning, Dovepaw overhears Lionblaze and Jayfeather talking about Ivypaw. She tries to slip away and find them, but is followed by Ivypaw. The two then go out with Cinderheart and Berrynose, since Lionblaze is nowhere to be found. She uses her power to listen in on Lionblaze and Jayfeather, then confronts Ivypaw about her visits to the Dark Forest. Ivypaw denies that this is wrong. The two fight and Ivypaw runs off, leaving Dovepaw by herself. After finding out about Ivypaw, Lionblaze seems anxious. Jayfeather walks back to camp, while noticing that leaf-bare is coming soon. When he's back in camp, he and Millie are arguing about Briarlight. As Millie is leaving, Dovepaw walks in and informs Jayfeather that she knows about Ivypaw training in the Dark Forest. Dovepaw wants to try and stop her from going, but Jayfeather tells her to leave Ivypaw alone for now.
- Spottedleaf sends Jayfeather a dream about Ivypaw training in the Dark Forest. In the vision, Ivypaw enters the camp, with the Dark Forest cats behind her. They attack ThunderClan, and a brown tom attacks Graystripe, and kills him. Millie attacks her mate's murderer, and the brown tom kills her, also. Ivypaw is the only ThunderClan warrior still standing, and she looks up at Jayfeather, her eyes black and blank. Spottedleaf tells Jayfeather there was nothing she could do.
- Meanwhile, ShadowClan cats are venturing onto the ice - Flametail included. Flametail and a few other cats decide to play a game called "preystone" where you try to get a stone into a dent in the shoreline guarded by another cat. Partway through, however, the ice breaks under Flametail, who begins to drown. Jayfeather who was nearby, leaps in to save him, but the ice closes up. Jayfeather is determined to save Flametail until Rock appears and tells Jayfeather that it is Flametail's time to die, not his. Jayfeather lets go of Flametail, who drowns as a result.
- Shortly afterward, Ivypaw visits the Dark Forest, now as a spy, and Brokenstar takes her on a test to prove her loyalty. She finds out the test: To kill Flametail - who is confused about no longer being in StarClan, and does not know where he is. Ivypaw is baffled, as she doesn't think that a dead cat could die. But Brokenstar says a cat's soul does die, either slowly as he or she is forgotten, or by any blows that would kill a living cat. Ivypaw starts to pounce, but is stopped abruptly when Tigerheart comes in, ferociously defending his brother. Tigerstar lets Flametail go, saying that he is not a threat. He believes Ivypaw, though hestitant, will fight with them when the battle comes.
- Meanwhile, Dovepaw and Ivypaw are facing their warrior assessment; Firestar is having another warrior supervise it. Lionblaze has Spiderleg supervising Dovepaw, while Cinderheart has Millie watch over Ivypaw. Dovepaw has a hard time focusing on her assessment because she wants to know how her sister is doing in her assessment. For the second part of the test, Firestar has the apprentices practice team hunting, and Icecloud is paired with Dovepaw. She is hesitant to order the older warrior around, but eventually decides for them to catch a blackbird. She realizes that Icecloud's footsteps don't sound right, and the warrior falls into one of the tunnels. Dovepaw goes to help her when she falls in. To Lionblaze's horror, he realizes that she fell into the same tunnel that collapsed onto Hollyleaf so long ago. Dovepaw rescues Icecloud.
- Firestar calls a Clan meeting later. He orders a barricade around the hole, and that he wants to take a look at it. Afterwards, Ivypaw and Dovepaw receive their warrior names: Ivypool and Dovewing. Jayfeather looks over Icecloud and Briarlight; Brightheart watches over the she-cats while Jayfeather asks Lionblaze if he can check the tunnel. They lower a branch into it and look for Hollyleaf. When they find a tuft of her fur but not her body, they find that the rock fall didn't crush her, but it is not determined if she is alive.
- Jayfeather receives a dream and feels a calling to return to the mountains.
- Back with the Clans, Cinderheart, Rosepetal and Toadstep seem to think Lionblaze is a good role model because of his fighting powers. While hunting, Bumblestripe runs to them for help with a dog. Lionblaze attacks the dog too directly for the comfort of a normal cat, but Toadstep follows him and attacks the same way, copying Lionblaze. They then discover that Briarlight is out in the forest alone, and the others rush to help her.
- When Jayfeather talks to the dying Stoneteller, he is sent back to the time of the Ancients as Jay's Wing. He plays a huge part in setting the foundation of the customs of Tribe of Rushing Water. He also teaches the cats how to hunt as prey-hunters and cave-guards. Rock informs Jayfeather that Half Moon must become the first Stoneteller because she saw the sign of the moon, alluding to the title of the book. When Jayfeather comes back to the present time and Stoneteller lies dying, he finally believes in his Tribe ancestors, and Jayfeather is granted the task of naming the new Stoneteller. He appoints Crag Where Eagles Nest, allowing him to believe that the last Stoneteller named him.
- Meanwhile, Ivypool and Blossomfall explore the tunnels and get lost. At first, Fallen Leaves attempts to help them out, but when the two lost warriors go off course, an unknown cat leads them out.
- Hollyleaf and Sol return in this book. Sol comes to ThunderClan seeking vengence and sends WindClan blindly into battle with them. Hollyleaf defeats Sol and he runs off and has not returned. Lionblaze, Dovewing, and Jayfeather prepare for the final battle trying to figure out who the fourth cat is in the prophecy. They find out in the next book that it is Firestar.
- Firestar, Hollyleaf, Mousefur and Ferncloud perish in the final battle between the Dark Forest and the Clans.
In the A Vision of Shadows Arc
- Coming Soon
In the Field Guide Arc
- Firestar speaks of what he thinks about ThunderClan and ends with the words: "...but my heart is here, with ThunderClan - the Clan of heroes, the Clan of compassion, the Clan of destiny."
- ThunderClan cats are said to be respectful of the other Clans, fierce in battle, loyal and courageous. They speak out for what they believe to be right even if this goes against the Warrior Code.
- ThunderClan cats hunt small, forest-dwelling animals such as mice, voles, squirrels and birds. ThunderClan cats are particularly good at stalking through the thick undergrowth of the forest. The book explains ThunderClan's forest territory.
- In "Brightheart Speaks: The Death of Swiftpaw", Brightheart tells the story of what happened when she and Swiftpaw went to find the dogs in A Dangerous Path, which resulted in Swiftpaw's death. Swiftpaw found a way out of camp, and they snuck out. When they get to Snakerocks, a dog came out and attacked Swiftpaw. More dogs come out of the caves. Brightpaw and Swiftpaw fight with all their strength and then Brightpaw loses track of things. Brightheart says that she remembers Swiftpaw fighting like all of LionClan and that is how she will always remember him. The last thing she remembers is being slammed against a rock before she falls unconscious. She recounts Cloudtail's love for her despite her injuries.
- Sandstorm shows the reader around ThunderClan Forest Territory, and Squirrelflight shows the reader around ThunderClan Lake Territory. The book then lists all the significant ThunderClan leaders and Medicine Cats.
- In "Bluepaw Speaks: My First Sight of Fourtrees", Bluepaw is going to a Gathering although she's only been an apprentice for two days. Her mentor Stonepelt allowed her to go, and her mother Moonflower is with her. She explains how cats from all Clans gather and speak to each other. She vows that one day, she will be leader of ThunderClan and sit on the Great Rock.
- In "Dustpelt Speaks: How StarClan Gave Us a New Gathering Place", Dustpelt talks about finding the Island. He was shocked when he first saw the Island and annoyed when Hawkfrost said it should be RiverClan's camp. Dustpelt thought it was far too valuable to be used for one Clan. He then goes on to talk about Mudclaw's rebellion and how the tree fell on him so all Clans could reach it. It is now neutral land for all the Clans.'
- In "Birchpaw Speaks: A New Apprentice", Birchpaw explains how he is a new apprentice, and he's very excited. His mother, Ferncloud, would have liked to nurse him for longer since his littermates, Hollykit and Larchkit, died. Ashfur is now his mentor. Birchpaw enjoys hunting patrols, even though he can't eat any prey until he's fed the elders. He also wants to go to a Gathering and see Toadkit, Applekit, and Marshkit, other kits he made friends with on the Great Journey.
- In "Brackenfur Speaks: A New Warrior", Brackenfur recalls the day he was made a warrior. He went hunting with Fireheart and they scented WindClan and ShadowClan coming to attack ThunderClan for sheltering Brokentail. Brackenpaw was ordered back to camp to warn the others, so after doing that he defended Brokentail, knowing that Bluestar would want him to do that even though Brokentail was evil. After the battle Bluestar made him a warrior, with the name Brackenfur, his Clanmates supported him.
- In "Goldenflower speaks: A New Role to Play", she explains how she dreamed of being a warrior, and of maybe having kits. But that she never thought about becoming an elder. She explains that one of the sad duties of being an elder, is that they must carry a dead clanmate to burial after their vigil. She wraps up by saying that she's served her Clan for a long time, and that it's nice to have some peace and quiet.
- In "Cloudtail Speaks: Tempted by the Kittypet Life", Cloudtail explains how when he was an apprentice, he didn't understand why he should follow the warrior code. He thought parts of it were stupid, but Fireheart kept pointing out what he did wrong, and not noticing what he did well. Cloudpaw ran off one day, and came to Twolegplace. Twolegs offered him food, and he took it, thinking it wouldn't hurt anyone. He began to think that kittypet life must be nice, but he still wanted to be a warrior at the same time. One day, without warning, the Twolegs took him away in a monster and brought him to another Twoleg Nest farther away. Fireheart and Sandstorm rescued him, and it made him realize that being a warrior is more important, and he hasn't gone near Twolegs since.
- In " Speaks: Not Just About Herbs", Leafpool talks about her being a medicine cat. She saw Cinderpelt and wanted to be a medicine cat from a very young age, and helped her in the den even before she was an apprentice. She knew medicine cats weren't allowed to have mates, but she had no idea that she would end up falling in love. Her medicine cat naming ceremony was too amazing to put into words, but she's not supposed to talk about it. She loves being the messenger from StarClan to ThunderClan, bringing important messages, even more than she likes healing her Clanmates. Leafpool knows how important her job is; if she makes a mistake a cat could die! She tells the reader not to try using any of the following herbs on cats themself; she heard from her kittypet friend Cody that Twolegs have Veterinarians to heal sick cats, and she says to only bring ill cats to the Vet or to a medicine cat.
- Firestar, Bluestar, Graystripe & Millie, Sandstorm, Yellowfang, Cinderpelt, Leafpool, Squirrelflight, Brambleclaw, Ashfur, Brightheart & Cloudtail, Jaypaw, Hollypaw, and Lionpaw are all featured in this book.
- At the beginning, the story of Thunder and the other new leaders is being told. Leafpool, the ThunderClan medicine cat, takes the reader back to see how each code began.
- In "Finders Keepers" of Code Two, there is an argument between Whitestar, leader of ThunderClan and Brindlestar, leader of ShadowClan. Leaf-bare has resulted in so little food in ShadowClan territory that the warriors have resorted to hunting in ThunderClan territory. The ThunderClan cats have driven the intruders away as there is little enough prey for themselves. As the argument becomes more and more heated there is creaking noise overhead. A massive tree branch crashes to ground between the ThunderClan and ShadowClan factions. Stonestar, leader of WindClan states that the tree branch is a sign from StarClan and proposes the second law of the Warrior Code, that trespassing in another Clan's territory is forbidden.
- In "Hunting Fish", the young ThunderClan warriors Dappletail and White-eye attempt to catch some fish to see what they taste like. Both cats nearly end up drowning when they fall in. They are rescued by Hailstar. Pinestar, ThunderClan's leader, and his deputy Sunfall arrive on the scene. Owlfur suggests that the two young warriors eat the fish that White-eye caught. Both find that fish tastes disgusting and Pinestar reminds them that certain cats hunt certain prey for a reason.
- In "A Mystical Battle" of Code Three, ThunderClan launches an attack on Sunningrocks. RiverClan, along with their ancestors, fight for them, and ThunderClan retreats. In A Dark Path is Chosen, Longtail and Darkstripe of ThunderClan are sent on a hunting mission to Snakerocks. it is leaf-bare and ThunderClan is fighting off a greencough epidemic. Many cats are ill, one in particular, Poppydawn is so weak she can barely eat. The two warriors reach Snakerocks, Darkstripe complaining the whole way, and Longtail catches a squirrel. Darkstripe convinces a reluctant Longtail to share the squirrel with him. The two cats manage to catch some prey but on their return they hear that Poppydawn has just died. Longtail is frightened and racked with guilt. Darkstripe then threatens to tell the Clan that it was Longtail who insisted on eating the squirrel and Longtail agrees to remain silent. As he carries some fresh-kill over to the pile Longtail senses Poppydawn's spirit nearby and apologizes silently.
- In "Squirrelflight's Words of Wisdom" of Code 6, Squirrelflight gives advice on what do do during a warrior's vigil. In Second in Command of Code seven, Acorntail almost causes an unprovoked attack on a ThunderClan border patrol because of a dead rabbit on the ThunderClan side of the border.
- In "The Vanishing Moon" of Code 10, it is leaf-bare and the five Clans are coming together at the Gathering. Finchstar of ThunderClan is the first to notice that the ShadowClan cats are still missing. Suddenly the ShadowClan cats arrive and attack the other Clans at the Gathering, taking them by surprise. The other leaders leap down to help. Ripplestar refuses to call off what Finchstar calls an unjust and cowardly attack. Suddenly the clearing is illuminated by a blinding flash of lightning, the moon is obscured by the clouds and before Finchstar can do anything, Ripplestar falls to his death from the Great Rock. Finchstar declares to the stunned cats that StarClan punished ShadowClan and Ripplestar for attacking the other Clans at the Gathering. Finchstar then instates the tenth law of the Warrior Code: the Clans are forbidden from fighting each other during the full moon.
- In "Poppycloud's Rule" of Code 11, Poppycloud of SkyClan is taking her son and apprentice Mottlepaw out for hunting lessons, unfortunately Mottlepaw is young and unruly and is having difficulty moving quietly. The situation takes a abrupt turn for the worse when the young apprentice unknowingly crosses into ThunderClan territory and the two SkyClan cats are challenged by two ThunderClan warriors, one of whom is the Clan deputy Greeneyes. She accuses SkyClan of spying and warns to tell her leader Lionstar about what happened. The next day Lionstar, Greeneyes and another warrior enter the SkyClan camp to complain to Rowanstar. Poppycloud suggests that marking and patrolling borders should be part of the Warrior Code. Rowanstar is intrigued by the idea but Lionstar and Greeneyes are dismissive and turn to leave. Lionstar leaves, warning the SkyClan leader that if the idea is accepted then he will have to right to attack any SkyClan cat that crosses the border with impunity. Later, in Who Goes There? Whitestorm Teaches Battle Tactics, Whitestorm lectures Firepaw, Graypaw, Ravenpaw, Sandpaw, and Dustpaw on defending ThunderClan borders.
- In "A Kit in Trouble" of Code 12, three ShadowClan warriors are patrolling near the Thunderpath when Hollyflower spots a fox hunting a kit on the ThunderClan side of the Thunderpath. Brackenfoot and Archeye are hesitant to aid a kit from another Clan and wish they could wait for a ThunderClan patrol, but Hollyflower does not hesitate, charging across the Thunderpath and attcking the fox. Her two friends come to her aid and they drive the fox off. The ThunderClan kit thanks them for saving him, introducing himself as Tigerkit. Tigerkit calls after them, declaring that the three ShadowClan cats are his friends and that if he can he will help them someday.
- In "Pinestar's Secret" of Code 15, Lionpaw is an eager ThunderClan apprentice who wants more than anything to be a warrior. One morning he wakes up to see his Clan leader Pinestar leaving camp and decides to follow him, hoping to impress Pinestar with his stalking abilities. He sees Pinestar being petted by a Twoleg but Pinestar catches him watching and explains that he was patrolling the border to keep an eye on a troublesome kittypet and that he was pretending to be kittypet in order to avoid trouble with the Twoleg, he also asks Lionpaw to keep what he is doing a secret. Lionpaw eagerly agrees. While Thrushpelt leads a patrol to reinforce Sunfall's, Lionpaw heads for Twolegplace to find Pinestar. Once again, he sees Pinestar being pampered by a Twoleg and Pinestar reveals that he can't be Clan leader anymore, that he wants to be a kittypet and that he wants Lionpaw to tell the Clan that he is dead. An angry Lionpaw insists that Pinestar should tell the Clan himself about his decision. Pinestar tells the Clan of his intentions, though Lionpaw does not hear the Clan's reaction, and passes leadership of ThunderClan to Sunfall. Later, in A Change of Heart: Sandstorm Speaks, Sandstorm talks to the reader about how her opinion of Fireheart, a former kittypet.
- Brambleclaw welcomes the reader and Bumblestripe learns the Lightning Strike. Dustpaw speaks about one memorable patrol when ThunderClan drove off ShadowClan. Graystripe tells the story about the battle against the foxes. Mousefur also talks about Lionheart's cowardice in a patrol against ShadowClan. In the end, ThunderClan is shown to be the victorious Clan against SkyClan's battle for more territory.
In the Ravenpaw's Path Arc
- Ravenpaw and Barley go to the Moonstone; as a result of being attacked by Pounce. Ravenpaw dreams of seeing Whitestorm, Spottedleaf, and Bluestar coming up to him, reassuring him that ThunderClan will help in his time of weakness. Ravenpaw wakes up and tells Barley that ThunderClan will help him.
- Ravenpaw and Barley head off to the ThunderClan camp where a patrol finds them. The patrol brings them to the camp and they are greeted warmly. Ravenpaw tells Firestar about the rogues on the farm. Firestar dodges the question and allows them to stay.
- Injured ThunderClan warriors walk in and Firestar explains that rogues have been attcking patrols and stealing prey. Ravenpaw understands and says that he and Barley will participate in patrols. They go on a patrol later, and a group of rogues ambush the ThunderClan cats and steal their prey. Another patrol arrives and the rogues run off. Firestar notices that the cats seem to know Barley, and that if Barley knows anything about them, ThunderClan will find them and fight.
- As Sorrelpaw is hurt by rogues and the Clan is starving, Barley agrees to help the Clan, and Firestar calls a Clan meeting so Barley can tell them about the rogues. They go get Violet, Barley's sister and go back to ThunderClan. A patrol of ThunderClan cats now go off to attack BloodClan. They scare away the cats guarding the BloodClan camp and wait inside. Violet attempts to talk to Hoot and Jumper, but the cats threaten her. Barley is angered and starts to fight, causing the rest of ThunderClan to follow. ThunderClan is soon victorious.
- After the battle, Firestar thanks Ravenpaw for all the help, and promises to send a ThunderClan patrol to help at the farm.
- ThunderClan starts to send a patrol to the barn, and the rest of the Clan says good-bye. Soon they reach the farm and Firestar and a smaller patrol to scout the farmyard. They see the rogues and ThunderClan meetss up in a smaller barn to discuss battle strategies. That night, the patrol goes toward the barn. The chickens squak and let the cats know thatThunderClan is there. ThunderClan doesn't retreat, and starts to battle. However, there are too many cats, and ThunderClan scatters to meet in the smaller barn again.
- Firestar comes up with another plan and the Clan discusses about it. They soon go into battle and the BloodClan cats are surrounded. However, the BloodClan cats get reinforcements and now ThunderClan is surrounded. The dogs break free from their chains and chase out the BloodClan cats, and ThunderClan is victorious. They leave the barn with Barley and Ravenpaw residing in it with Barley's brothers.
In the The Lost Warrior Arc
- Graystripe and Millie had been traveling for a long while, and once they reach the Forest they see ThunderClan's old, destroyed camp, which results in a journey back to the Clans. Once they arrive back at the Lake, ThunderClan is currently attending a Gathering. Firestar runs up to greet his long-lost friend, and Graystripe introduces Millie to the Clans.
In the Stand-Alone Manga
- A ThunderClan patrol consisting of Bluefur, Thistleclaw and Tigerpaw attack Tiny, a kittypet who went on ThunderClan territory. When the patrol arrives, Tiny attempts to befriend the much larger cats, but with Thistleclaw's signal, Tigerpaw basically mauls the small kitten. Bluefur makes Tigerpaw let go, and reminds Tigerpaw of the Warrior Code.
In the Novellas
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
- Coming Soon
In the Short Stories and Plays
- A ThunderClan patrol including Leafpool goes to visit a WindClan patrol that includes Crowfeather. The two cats quietly talk. Soon, the patrols take them away from each other and they say good-bye.
- All the Clans are starving with the exception of ThunderClan. At a Gathering, though, ThunderClan says that they are challenged by lack of food, too. However, soon, Jaypaw, Hollypaw, and Lionpaw are visited by StarClan warriors. The StarClan residents ask them to share food with the other Clans, and that the warrior code is not everything. Finally, ThunderClan agrees and brings prey to WindClan.
- Spottedleaf, a former ThunderClan medicine cat, descibes Firestar's past and voices her approval on his mate: Sandstorm.
- All the Clans are starving, and ThunderClan's leader, Firestar, offers to have all the Clans share. The Clans have an election, and Firestar becomes the temporary leader for all the Clans.
- The ThunderClan elders, Halftail, Smallear, Dappletail, and Patchpelt discuss Fireheart's deputy ceremony, debating on the broken law of the Warrior Code and how a kittypet shouldn't be deputy. Finally, Smallear deems that he will never forgive Bluestar and that Fireheart will never be a true deputy in his eyes.
- Two ThunderClan cats, Brambleclaw and Leafpool, discuss the fight between Brambleclaw and his half-brother: Hawkfrost.
In the Warriors App
- It was revealed that ThunderClan's first leader, Thunder, earned his name because he used storms to his advantage, hunting during the loudest thunderclaps which confused the prey.
History of Ranks
Gained Rank In...
Left Rank In...
|Cloudspots||Moth Flight's Vision||Before "The Medicine Cats Decide"|
|Prickleface||Before "The Medicine Cats Decide"||Before "The Leader Who Sought Peace"|
|Pearnose||Before "The Leader Who Sought Peace"||Before "The Victorious Clan"|
|Kestrelwing||Before "The Victorious Clan"||Before Mapleshade's Vengeance|
|Oatspeckle||Before Mapleshade's Vengeance||Before Mapleshade's Vengeance|
|Ravenwing||Before Mapleshade's Vengeance||Mapleshade's Vengeance|
|Cloudberry||Before Goosefeather's Curse||Goosefeather's Curse|
|Goosefeather||Goosefeather's Curse||Bluestar's Prophecy|
|Featherwhisker||Bluestar's Prophecy||Bluestar's Prophecy|
|Spottedleaf||Bluestar's Prophecy||Into the Wild|
|Yellowfang||Into the Wild||Rising Storm|
|Alderheart||Thunder and Shadow||---|
- ThunderClan's original name was StarClan. Vicky soon realized that this was a much better name for their warrior ancestors, and thus the name was changed to ThunderClan, and StarClan was given to their deceased ancestors.
- ThunderClan was named by Silver Stripe.
References and Citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 15
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 6
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 9
- ↑ Revealed in Cats of the Clans, page 4
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 83
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 10
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 11
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 16
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 17
- ↑ Revealed in Into the Wild, page 63
- ↑ Revealed in Warrior's Return, page 9
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 87
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 19
- ↑ Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 264
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 15.3 Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 18
- ↑ Revealed in Night Whispers, page 39
- ↑ Revealed in Secrets of the Clans, page 20
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Revealed in Fading Echoes, page 179
- ↑ Revealed in The Fourth Apprentice, page 25
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed in Path of Stars, page 304