|Publish Date:||5 November 2013|
|Preceded by:||The Sun Trail|
|Followed by:||The First Battle|
- The mountain cats followed the sun trail to a new territory, convinced that in a land with more prey, their lives would be free from strife. But while no cat has gone hungry, tensions are rising—and the once firmly united group has split in two.
- Caught in the middle is a young cat named Thunder. Orphaned after his father, Clear Sky, rejected him, Thunder has thrived under Gray Wing's watchful eye. But Thunder cannot escape the memory or hurt of his father's rejection. When a devastating fire rips through the forest, Thunder's natural abilities are put to the test. Impressed, Clear Sky invites Thunder to join him. But allegiances borne over time can be stronger than blood ties, and Thunder is forced to decide if he is with his father—or against him.
- Coming Soon
Detailed Plot Summary
- The tension between the two groups starts rising even further. In between, there is Thunder, the son of Clear Sky, who is being raised by Gray Wing. Meanwhile, Turtle Tail joins them once again after bearing her kits.
- Soon enough, the voices are raised by the cats that perhaps the leader right for them is Gray Wing, not Tall Shadow, causing conflict inside the group. Then fire burns through Clear Sky's territory. Gray Wing tries to help, getting severely hurt. Thunder, with the help of River Ripple, saves several cats, along with Clear Sky's cats.
- After that, Clear Sky welcomes Thunder into his group, while Thunder regrets coming into the group. During this time, Gray Wing tries to lead after Tall Shadow announces him the new leader, however, the group is not organized, causing Wind Runner to have leader authorities as well from the cats. Gray Wing suffers from breathing problems, limiting him from severe activities, and soon even Turtle Tail says he is unfit for leadership, as he is unable to get out from the crashing tunnel with her kit.
- Thunder rebels against Clear Sky and leaves with Frost, who would have died in the woods with no one's help if Thunder didn't leave with him. Thunder then tries to join Gray Wing once again.
- More Coming Soon
- In the back of The Sun Trail, a preview image is shown for Thunder Rising, which depicts only one bush in the lefthand corner. This contradicts with the official cover, which shows multiple bushes.
References and Citations
|Thunder Rising chapters|
|Prologue • Chapter 1 • Chapter 2 • Chapter 3 • Chapter 4 • Chapter 5 • Chapter 6 • Chapter 7 • Chapter 8 • Chapter 9 • Chapter 10 • Chapter 11 • Chapter 12 • Chapter 13 • Chapter 14 • Chapter 15 • Chapter 16 • Chapter 17 • Chapter 18 • Chapter 19 • Chapter 20 • Chapter 21 • Chapter 22 • Chapter 23 • Chapter 24 • Chapter 25 • Chapter 26 • Chapter 27|