14 December 2006
| Project Mission|
Project Character Art is devoted to the ideal that all character pages should possess accurate, high quality original art. The goal is to see to it that every character page ends up with proper artwork that violates no copyright laws.
Section One-What is Charart?
- As explained above, PCA is a project that's devoted to finding good, high quality art made with our blanks that do not violate copyright laws. Fanart simply isn't realistic so we have sets of hand-drawn blanks to use. All blanks must be approved by our Senior warriors (Mallinois, GroceryBag, Darkhallows, Dawnfeather and Shimmerpool), our deputy (Oblivion), or our Leader (Bramble). Here's an example set, our warrior blanks. We only need gender specific and hair length specific (Example: Warrior, Male Longhaired), not Clan or cat specifc.:
- We also need colored pictures, such as these. I've shown two approved Pixels for each approved blank. (We do not have Medicine cat apprentice, Loner, rouge, Kittypet, or Tribe cat blanks.)
Section 2-How to make Charart
- First, survey the approved pixels and the ones reserved and put up. Is there one no one has done, reserevd, or put up? Say you choose Brambleclaw as a deputy (A real pixel not reserved or approved or put up. We have him as a warrior.) Find a program like GIMP or Photoshop on your Computer. If not, try sticking to balnks or using www.pixlr.com, a good way to still contribute. Then copy and paste the blank you click on in the gallery (Click on it first to get full size image), and color, shade, highlight, and add tabby markings. Users will post ways to shade images.:
- (Draft, no users posted) Now, use those ways or one of your own ways to shade and to add tabby markings.
Section 3-Mentors (Draft, could there be a program?)
Still, this is a draft, people
- If you think you need someone to help you post yourself as an apprentice:
New Apprentice-Draft User
- Im "Draft User" and I could use some help on Charcats. Could someone be my mentor?
- Apprenticed. I'll mentor you. --Mal Sorrel-Wolf 13:03, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
New mentor-Draft User #2
- I've done this for a while and want to have an apprentice. I know all the users and want to help out more.
- Approved. --Mal Sorrel-Wolf 13:03, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
See this draft.