When editing Warriors Translations, I thought if it was possible to build a template or LUA module to provide a more convenient and elegant way for contributors to put on translations of different phrases in various languages. I mean, I wonder if we can build a template so the translations data can go into it, and not only can the template or module then be included or invoked on Warrior Translations to generate a table of translations, but also it can be used on different character and book pages, respectively, to show different translations of the name.
This is only a rudimentary idea, and I hope it will be useful. Anyway, I think I'll work on it whenever I'm free… Maybe on some Wikipedia sandboxes, at the beginning.
Btw, I'm looking forward to VOS#2 ;-)
After a small experiment on Wikipedia:User:CXuesong/Sandbox/Warriors , I think I'll give it a try on this Wikia site.
- Similar to the convention on Wikipedia, I'm going to create two sandbox modules on Warriors Wiki. These modules are
There's no way to create LUA modules outside the Module namespace so, uhmm... Anyway, hope it won't cause much disturbances.
- I'm going to create some template pages as sub-pages of my profile page. They are
Get the Ball Rolling
- Implement Japanese Romaji display with the approach mentioned on wikipedia:Ruby character. (Mentioned in Talk:Warriors Translations#Romanji.3F), which will give something like this
- Figure out the attitude of other contributors, including
- Whether the experiment will cause too much confusion or disturbances
- Whether the new LUA-based translation module & template facilitate the editing of translations
- Any more suggestions? Please, let me know your idea.