I just read Bluestar's Prophecy, and honestly, I thought it was way overdone. Okay, I get that the point was to get everyone to realize what a great cat Bluestar was in spite of everything she went through, but they didn't have to make her life that bad. Not that it isn't one of my favorites, but at the end, I felt like flinging the book down and screaming.
- Her mother gets killed in a pointless battle when she's barely an apprentice, for heaven's sake!
- Her father considers her a nuisance.
- She has to deal with her psychotic uncle's anger issues. (Honestly, Goosefeather scares me!)
- She's forced to fulfill a prophecy when she's barely a warrior.
- Her sister (her twin, for heaven's sake!) falls in love with the psychotic freak Thistleclaw, and then g…