|This is a Project Discussion page, where a group of dedicated editors may come together and work towards their common goal.|
For more information on Projects, please see the Community Portal.
The program is for members of Project:Charart only. If you only wish to learn how to make images for personal use or for friends, please take a look at the Apprentice Tutorials.
To apply to become a mentor, one must
- have 4 original images approved
- have tweaked or redone 4 images
- have been a warrior for at least a month
- having knowledge of all the skills needed for the assessments below
- be familiar with the rules and regulations of the project
- be patient and able to explain things well to other members
- know the workings of the project, as they will be guiding their apprentice in more than just art
Please make sure you meet all these requirements before you apply to become a mentor.
===[[User:USERNAME|]] - Mentor Application, CURRENT DAY MONTH YEAR===
- Leave a short message with the date you became a warrior (if you can remember it) and the editing program(s) you use and/or are familiar with. A Senior Member will then check to make sure you meet all the requirements, and will add you in to the table on the bottom of this page and on PCA's main page. Once you have been accepted, you may volunteer to become a mentor to any apprentice that uses the same program(s) as you below in the Requests section.
Thistleberry - Mentor Application, April 3rd 2013Edit
- I became a warrior December 6th, 2011, orginally, but since I've returned and been re-added in, I've been a warrior again since March 24th, I'm pretty sure. I use GIMP, although I'm quite farmilliar with Pixlr, since that's what I first used when I started making chararts, so I could teach using either one of those. I'm also very comfortable with the guildlines and rules of the project. ^^ Thistle 05:29, April 4, 2013 (UTC)
User:Rowanflight - Mentor Application, April 14th 2013Edit
- I have recently returned to PCA and the whole wiki itself, and I would love to become a mentor again. During my absence, I have learned to navigate GIMP and it's many ways. I am familiar with Sumo and I can navigate Pixlr, reason being those were the two programs I began making chararts with. I'm used to the rules and ways of the project, and would love to help out new users. Best, RowanOnly One Can Judge... 22:36, April 16, 2013 (UTC)
===[[User:USERNAME|]] - Mentor Request, CURRENT DAY MONTH YEAR===
- If you would like mentor to guide you in Project:Charart, you may apply here to be assigned a mentor. Use the code above and leave a short message with what editing program(s) you use, or are willing to use. Be sure to file your request properly, all incorrectly filed requests will be automatically declined. You are also allowed to request a mentor if you wish as long as they have an open space for another apprentice, though keep in mind they're not required to accept.
- After you have put up your request, if you have not requested a mentor, one may volunteer to take you as their apprentice. If nobody does, then a senior member will assign you a mentor out of the ones available. You will then have one week to reply to your mentor on your request to show that you agree with the choice. If you do not within the week, your request will be archived and declined. After you have replied, a senior member will add you to the table on the bottom of this page and on the PCA mainpage beside your mentor.
Bramblewind ~ Mentor Request, March 5, 2013Edit
Hi! I've been a kit on wwiki charart and decided I could use a little help with my art... I use GIMP only, so I hope to get a mentor who uses that program too. Thanks for your time! Bramblepaw x Darkpaw Awaiting summer... 03:09, March 6, 2013 (UTC)
- I use Photoshop, but I could be your mentor if you'd like. -Raelic Through the Ghost 16:15, March 6, 2013 (UTC)
- Whuzzat? Maybe I could download that app. I accept. Do you like to be called Breeze, Breezy, or Whisker, or something, or just Breezewhisker? Bramblepaw x Darkpaw Awaiting summer... 00:29, March 7, 2013 (UTC)
Hawkmask121 ~ Mentor Request, March 30, 2013Edit
Hi! I know I'm a little experienced here, but I would really like some help and tips on how to make fabulous chararts like you guys. I use GIMP only, and I would appreciate a mentor with Gimp as well. Thank you for your time,22:08, March 30, 2013 (UTC)
This has been up quite some time, so I'll take you, if you don't mind. Thistle 02:06, April 28, 2013 (UTC)
It's fine, thanks. I'm glad to have a mentor, just in case!20:37, April 28, 2013 (UTC)
Thistleflight ~ Mentor Request, April 4, 2013Edit
- I'd love to take you. ^^ Thistle 21:52, April 4, 2013 (UTC)
Hi! I'd like to have a mentor for Charart! I have GIMP and Sketchbook Pro, but I'm most comfortable with Sketchbook Pro, so I'd like a mentor to help me with everything, and help me understand the rules and such. --Mosstalon(ofWindclan) (talk) 18:00, April 21, 2013 (UTC)
Amblove218 ~ Mentor Request, May 17, 2013Edit
Hi! I'm new here, and I just would love if someone could be my mentor. I just would love for someone to teach me how to make amazing chararts like they do. I only use Paint Tool SAI. Thank you! 20:57, May 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Apprentices must successfully complete assessments for all the tasks on this list, along with whatever tasks the mentor chooses for their apprentice.
- Basic charart knowledge
- Correctly sized blanks
- Solid cats
- Two patterns of choice
- Basic image tweaking knowledge
- Shading tweaks
- Blurred lineart fixing
- Color tweaks
- Basic pattern altering (adding striped, white, ect.)
===[[User:APPRENTICE'S USERNAME|]] - Graduation, CURRENT DAY MONTH YEAR===
- This section is only for mentors to post in. If your apprentice has passed all the required assessments and both are satisfied with what they've learned, you may contact one of the two heads, Cloudskye or Paleclaw, to join you in putting your apprentice through their final assessment. You and one of the heads will agree on the task, and if the apprentice succeeds at it and the head approves, you may post their graduation. A senior member will come and approve the graduation and remove the apprentice from the table.
- If you have any questions, comments or worries, post them below so other members can help you out.
===[[User:INACITVE USERNAME|]] - Inactivity Report===
- If your apprentice/mentor has gone inactive, please report it with the heading above, stating how long it's been since your apprentice/mentor has last been on the wiki, or last taught/been taught and a senior member will deal with your situation.
|Duck||Pixlr, Paint, Sumopaint, Paint.NET, GIMP||Spottedflower31, .Cloudwhisker, Sugarfur||3|
|Rainlegs||Pixlr, Sumopaint, GIMP||Starry||3|
|Thistleberry||GIMP, Pixlr||Thistleflight, Hawkmask121||2|