|Past:||New Hampshire and Wales|
|Date of Birth|
|Warriors Series:||Cover Art:
Into The Wild, Fire And Ice, Forest of Secrets, Rising Storm, A Dangerous Path, The Darkest Hour, Midnight, Moonrise, Dawn, Starlight, Twilight, Sunset, Leafpool's Wish, The Sight, Dark River, Outcast, Eclipse, Long Shadows, Sunrise, The Fourth Apprentice, Fading Echoes, Night Whispers, Sign of the Moon, The Forgotten Warrior, The Last Hope, The Sun Trail, Thunder Rising, The First Battle, Firestar's Quest, SkyClan's Destiny, Bluestar's Prophecy, Crookedstar's Promise, Tallstar's Revenge, Yellowfang's Secret, The Untold Stories Illustrations: Code of the Clans, Cats of the Clans, Secrets of the Clans, Battles of the Clans, The Ultimate Guide
- Born in Wales in 1944, Wayne McLoughlin developed as early interest in nature. He was an explorer of Hampstead Heath, London, and later of the swamps of northern Florida where he helped out local schools by collecting turtles and lizards. Due to his interest in art, which developed at around this same time, he often recorded his experiences in sketches and paintings.
- Wayne served in the USMC in Vietnam, but later completed a dual major at San Diego State University in Fine Art and anthropology. He was hired to photograph tribal life in the South Pacific and in New Guinea for 'Anthropology Today' by CRM Books
- He later returned to the US after working on television and commercial design overseas. Here he began a career creating illustrated humor parodies for national magazines. These include: "Esquire", "Omni", "Next" among others. Alongside this, he did work for scientific publishing and institutions such as the National Geographic Society. He was also commissioned for pieces for campaigns and projects by major corporations including Adidas, Texaco, and MasterCard, some of which became award-winning pieces. His paintings have been included in many books and publications on animals and nature in addition to this.
- More recently he has served as regular contributor to outdoor magazine, "Sporting Tales"and in the past twenty years he has contributed to other magazines such as 'Field and Stream' for whom he edited for over a decade and explored humor in sports through both prose and pictures. His vast experience as a hunter, fisher and explorer, and his travels in the United States, Canada and South Pacific - with his wife, Jackie - inspire and inform much of his writing and artwork.
- Prior to his death, he lived in Bellow Falls, Vermont. On Tuesday, July 7th, 2015, at the age of 71, he sadly passed away.
Art Provided for Warriors
- All six books in the Prophecies Begin Arc
- All six books in the New Prophecy Arc
- All six books in the Power of Three Arc
- All six books in the Omen of the Stars Arc
- All six books in the Dawn of the Clans Arc
- All books released prior to Moth Flight's Vision in the Super Edition Arc
References and Citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Revealed on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_McLoughlin
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Revealed on blueloonfinearts.com
- ↑ Revealed on HarperCollins' website
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ http://death-records.mooseroots.com/d/n/Wayne-Mcloughlin
- ↑ Forest of Secrets back cover.
- ↑ Dawn back cover.
- ↑ Eclipse back cover.
- ↑ The Fourth Apprentice back cover.
- ↑ The Sun Trail back cover.
- ↑ Crookedstar's Promise back bookjacket panel.
- ↑ Secrets of the Clans
- ↑ blueloonfinearts.com
|Real-Life Persons involved with Erin Hunter's Warriors series|
|Authors and Editors||Victoria Holmes • Erica Sussman • Kate Cary • Cherith Baldry • Tui Sutherland|
|Illustrators||Wayne McLoughlin • Bettina Kurkoski • Don Hudson • James Barry • Owen Richardson • Allen Douglas • Dave Stevenson|
|Jacket Designers||Megan Stitt • Karin Paprocki • Ray Shappell • Hilary Zarycky|