|"How can this be? That branch fell on top of ThunderClan and ShadowClan; there was no room between them!"|
|— Whitestar about the fallen branch in Code of the Clans, page 22|
|Living:||Code of the Clans|
Whitestar is a tom with dark eyes.
In the Field Guide Arc
- He first appears at a meeting between the leaders of each Clan when Duststar suggests the first law for the warrior code; Defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life. He agrees with the other leaders that this should be part of the code.
- Three seasons later, at a Gathering, he debates with the new leader of ShadowClan, Brindlestar. The ShadowClan leader claims that she has a complaint against ThunderClan. He tells her that they weren't the ones stealing prey and she hisses a retort that they weren't stealing, if they couldn't find meat to eat in their own territory. Vinetail, his deputy, gets into the argument and asks when ShadowClan started hunting in brambles. When the branch falls down on the Clans, he is the second leader to ask if his Clanmates are alright. Brindlestar confesses to stealing ThunderClan prey.
- He agrees with the other leaders to add a second law to the code, that borders should not be crossed.
- "Clan above all else. It makes sense to me."
- —Whitestar agreeing to the new law Code of the Clans, page 16
- "We aren't the ones stealing prey! You can't complain because our patrols drive you out every time."
- —Whitestar defending his Clan Code of the Clans, page 20
- "Wait! One at a time, or no cat will hear you. Birchstar, you go first."
- —Whitestar after the branch falls Code of the Clans, page 21
- "It's a sign."
- —Whitestar on the branch falling Code of the Clans, page 23