|"Two of them were squirming; one was completely still. Yellowfang prodded it with her paw, trying to hide from herself what she knew very well. The kit had been born dead. Her eyes would never open."|
|— Narrator on Wishkit in Yellowfang's Secret, page 320|
In the Super Editions
- Yellowfang gives birth to three kits in the hollow of a dead tree, two she-kits and a tom. While the tom lets out an angry wail when his mother touches him, one of the she-kits is utterly still, born dead. Yellowfang's other she-kit was born weak and soon died. Yellowfang buries her two dead daughters deep in the ground, so no fox, badger, or cat would ever find them.
- As Yellowfang visits StarClan she meets her grandmother, Silverflame. Yellowfang asks if Silverflame knew about her kits all along and Silverflame replies that she had. On the night Yellowfang had become a medicine cat, Silverflame had seen three kits behind her. As Silverflame starts to fade, Yellowfang calls out, asking her if her kits were in StarClan. Silverflame doesn't reply but Yellowfang looks around, finally seeing her kits. She tries to run towards the two she-kits but can't, her legs just paddle against hard stone as she wakes up in the cavern where the Moonstone lay.
In the Field Guides
- Wishkit is born to Yellowfang, but she is stillborn and her sister, Hopekit, dies soon after their birth. Yellowfang is remorseful, musing that the kits should never have been born; their birth breaks the Warrior Code. Yellowfang soon buries her daughters deep into the ground where no cat could ever find them.
- Although not mentioned by name, Wishkit appears briefly on Raggedstar's page. Yellowfang decided to become a medicine cat, which means she had to separate her relationship with Raggedpelt. It was too late to untangle their paths though, as Yellowfang soon found out she was expecting kits. Raggedpelt was overjoyed at the prospect at becoming a father, but outraged when Yellowfang said their kits will never know who their mother was. Only one kit survived.
- She is also mentioned not by name on Sagewhisker's page. Sagewhisker realized that Yellowfang was expecting Raggedstar’s kits, and wondered if she made a terrible mistake. She persuaded Yellowfang to tell Raggedstar that their kits will have at least one parent in the Clan, and Yellowfang took her mentor's advice.
- Vicky revealed Wishkit's name in a letter to a fan.
- She has kittypet blood through Hal.
- Vicky says that Wishkit was stillborn.
- Nutwhisker: Living (As of Yellowfang's Secret)
- Mintkit: Deceased, Residence Unknown
- Scorchwind: Living (As of Yellowfang's Secret)
= Gender Unknown
- "These are the kits I saw in the pool, when I was in StarClan with Silverflame. But they should never have been born."
- —Yellowfang thoughts Yellowfang's Secret, page 321
References and citations
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 339
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 320
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Revealed in a letter from Victoria Holmes
- ↑ Revealed on Victoria Holmes Letter 2
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 197
- ↑ Revealed on Vicky's Facebook
- ↑ Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 316
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, allegiances
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 473
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 418
- ↑ Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 205
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Revealed in Yellowfang's Secret, page 396
- ↑ Revealed in Into the Wild, page 255